Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (CPS) Loews Regency

sexonthebeach150
By sexonthebeach150,
in

Started at $91 last night, when I hit $95, it gave me a counteroffer of $120.

Interestingly, it continued to give me this counteroffer until I went to $105 (so it countered at $130), then at $107 it stopped with the counter, so I knew I was getting close.

Really wanted CPS or Times Square (or Midtown West, but I really didn't want the Sheraton Hotel & Towers so I tried to leave that out for as long as I could) so I got up to $109 last night, not realizing Coney Island, Long Island City, and Brooklyn didn't have any 4 stars and thus were free rebid zones too.

Started at $110 today and got a hit with the Loews at $111. 62% off the $289 rate for the night on Hotels.com! Fantastic!

Seems that there are mainly positive reviews, but one person in November on Trip Advisor said they have stuck in a smoking room after a Priceline bid. Anyone hear anything else about this? I'm thinking it's because it was a very busy season then, whereas now they're not so busy so I won't have to worry about that.

And Trip Advisor has this as 4.5 stars, why does Priceline have it as 4?

Congrats on your success. :)

This is a FANTASTIC deal for this property. Star ratings do vary from service-to-service; quite a few services have this as a 4.5*. There is no 4.5* option on PRICELINE and maybe rather than starting this as a 5* (there are no 5* options in NYC on PRICELINE at this point), it was decided to bunch this in the 4* category.

PRICELINE does not guarantee smoking/non-smoking, although in most cases either the service books no-smoking or it's easy to ask. In some occasions, users get smoking rooms, either due to policy or availability (in terms of the latter, November is definitely busy.). I'd call and just say, "If there was any way I could be assigned a non-smoking room, I would really appreciate it." (or a variation on that.)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]