Priceline Hotel: Memorial Day Weekend

themadzins
By themadzins,
in

I am planning a trip to NYC 5/27-29 or 5/28-29. Currently I have a reservation with Sheraton Lincoln Harbor for 5/27-29. I am looking for a better price. I have investigated winning bids but none have fallen on my exact dates yet so far. I am inquiring if rates typically increase or decrease in NYC over the Memorial Day Weekend. Please advise.

• 1 month later...

Hotels know the trends for any particular dates, holiday or event, and price hotels accordingly... then adjust based upon actual demand. Rates for these dates are a little higher then i would expect, but that doesn't mean they have to drop... there simply could be more people heading to the city for these dates then anyone previously anticipated (weak dollar bring in more overseas tourists, economy coming back so families taking an overdue vacation, etc). and rates rise accordingly.

At the moment i don't think you'll likely beat your $150 back-up at the Sheraton if you only want to stay in midtown... but that can change over the next 6 weeks as rates are constantly adjusted based upon how actual demand (reservations) come in relative to expectations.

Not sure how flexible your zone requirements are, but HOTWIRE does have a 4* hotel Downtown for just $110/nite... not as convenient as midtown, but does seem to be a pretty good value if trying to watch your budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to see you missed the $110/nite rate Downtown, but on a positive note it does appear that rates have dropped a bit since you first started looking.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding. :)

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]