Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft Myers-Naples (Bonita Springs) Trianon Bonita Bay

aeb
By aeb,
in

Hello, I am searching both Hotwire and Priceline (using your links!) for a hotel at or near Fort Myers Beach for two nights, March 24-26, 2011. I have come across the following offer on Hotwire:

3* Bonita Springs North Naples Area Hotel, $96

Amenities: Boutique, Breakfast, Fitness, Pool.

It is recommended in 90% of Hotwire Customer reviews, and has a 4.5 Trip Advisor rating.

I am wondering if this is possibly the Trianon Hotel Bonita Bay, which came up in this previous thread:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=fort+myers

However that thread lists it as a 3.5*, and the property I am looking at currently on Hotwire is a 3*. It is not on the pinned hotels list. I was wondering if star levels can change often?

Any ideas that anyone may have would be wonderful! In addition, if anyone had any other recommendations of where to stay in the area it would be very helpful- the reason for the trip is to see a spring training game at the City of Palms Park in Fort Myers, but I would like to stay closer to the beach (and don't want to go over $120 a night or so...preferably less). I have been bidding on Priceline and will continue to do so, but if this Hotwire deal is the Trianon Hotel then I might just take it!

Also thank you everyone for all the work done on these forums, they are wonderful and have saved me lots of money!

That thread is 3 weeks old and the hotel got 10+ reviews so it's hard to guess. But if feels a bit "fast" for a re-rated hotel.

But why not go for it? It's top rated to a good price.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please remember follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Thanks for the input! I saw that the Trianon property has been won on both Hotwire and Priceline, so I thought I would bid on Priceline using the link to see if I could get it for less than $96 (as seen on Hotwire this morning).

First I bid Bonita Springs 3* for $68. Bid was rejected, but I got the opportunity to increase my bid by $20 and win for $88. Instead, I used a re-bids: $72 was rejected, and then $76 accepted!

I ended up with the 3* Trianon Bonita Bay in Bonita Springs. This was the property I wanted, so I am quite happy with the result!

March 24-26, 2011

3401 Bay Commons Drive

Bonita Springs, Florida 34134

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $76.00

Subtotal: $152.00

Taxes & Fees: $26.30

Total Charges*: $178.30

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]