Priceline Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Marriott Beach Resort

PaddyD
By PaddyD,
in

Hi

Need help identifying 4 *Waikiki Beach area hotel 05/05/11 05/12/11 Used HOTWIRE link to search and offered this for $136 with following amenities when i checked see all amenities

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Recommended in 75%

of customer reviews

From reading through the posts and looking at the hotwire list and the tennis nearby i think it might be the hilton Hawaiian village or the hyatt . Can you give any help

I also bid on priceline with your PRICELINE link for these dates and at $120 dollars got counteroffer for $150 ,which i did not take as i know i can probably get it cheaper than $150 but decided to look at hotwire . If its any help i checked the sheraton for my dates and the first night 05/05/11 is not available so i guess the sheraton will not be the winning hotel

At this point i decided to stop and ask your advice on the best way to proceed

If you need any further information just let me know

Appreciate all the work and effort that goes into this board

If PRICELINE is offering a counter-offer of $150, the actual price that the service will accept is somewhere in-between what you've bid and what the service is asking for - it could be as little as a few bucks more than what you have bid so far.

The Waikiki Parc has been reported with this amenity set, so that would be my guess.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If PRICELINE is offering a counter-offer of $150, the actual price that the service will accept is somewhere in-between what you've bid and what the service is asking for - it could be as little as a few bucks more than what you have bid so far.

The Waikiki Parc has been reported with this amenity set, so that would be my guess.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply and i am glad i asked for help as after reading the reviews i would not have liked the hotel .I know that you have to accept whatever hotel you are given but it is great to be able to ask for help and get a really good idea of what it might be .So i will hold off for the moment on hotwire and maybe look at priceline later on .I see from a winning bid on priceline near my dates that the marriot came up at $140 so think this might be what i would get ?

Many Thanks and i will use your links

PaddyD

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links :)

I see from a winning bid on priceline near my dates that the marriot came up at $140 so think this might be what i would get ?

It might be. But could also be another 4* :) We don't have an answer for that.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Yellowdog.

• 2 weeks later...

ohiobuckeye05,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.. Please include the star rating, city, zone, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just to let you know I bid on priceline and got the Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Marriott Beach for $120 05/05/11 05/12/11 and i am very happy with the hotel . I got a counteroffer at $105 of $130 but i kept bidding and my last rejected bid was at $115.

Hope this helps others and i did of course use your PRICELINE link .

Many thanks for all the help and will this post do or do you want me to do a new post in the priceline forum ?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the deal and hotel you received.

No need to re-post, we'll move the entire thread to the PRICELINE section of the board and edit the topic title to reflect your win.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Different poster here, chiming in if that's okay.

As to whether you need a car or not, I would say it depends on what you want to do. If you see yourself heading out of Waikiki every day, then it might make sense to get a weekly rate deal on a car. If, on the other hand, you might only head out for one or two excursions, you might consider just using the rental car agency based at the hotel (Hertz, last time we were there) and only renting when you need it. That way you don't pay parking.

We've stayed at this hotel before and only rented a car when we needed one. Mostly we just hung out at the beach or at the pool. But for a couple of days, we rented from Hertz and drove either to Kailua beach, on the windward side of Oahu, or up to the North Shore.

But it all depends on how much time you think you'll be away from Waikiki.

When considering costs of renting a car, also consider the cost of getting from the airport to the hotel (and back) if you don't rent a car... we had a rental car but i'd guess a taxi would be at least $35-$40 each way.

Although we didn't use it daily, it was nice to have the car as we were able to easily go to the local WalMart to pick up inexpensive snacks and drinks for the room, as well as go to restaurants outside of Waikiki.

Hi

Thanks for the comments and i am caught between both choices as i love the convenience of the car and i would consider hertz but find them expensive compared to dollar . Any tips on car rental and i should say i have to get insurance included and i get a better deal if i book before i go or is that an old wives tale .

The restaurants outside of Waikiki sound very interesting can you recommend a few ?

I always rent a car. While there are many things to do within walking distance of the Marriott, I like to go out and explore the island. Public transportation is available, but I don't want to spend hours on a bus stopping at dozens of different stops on my way somewhere. I usually plan a morning trip to some destination away from Waikiki (Diamond Head, North Shore, Hanauma Bay, Lanakai, Hawaii Kai, etc etc) and then spend my afternoons/evening relaxing in Waikiki.

I usually average $30 a day or so for a rental car when I use Priceline (including $10 a day for parking). If I am there a week, the most it can cost me for the car is $250 or so. It is well worth it to me to spend that $250 and have the car.

However, if you plan on spending all your time around Waikiki and not touring the island, you won't need a car.

Hi

Thanks for the comments and i am caught between both choices as i love the convenience of the car and i would consider hertz but find them expensive compared to dollar . Any tips on car rental and i should say i have to get insurance included and i get a better deal if i book before i go or is that an old wives tale .

The restaurants outside of Waikiki sound very interesting can you recommend a few ?

Check with your insurance carrier and see what your coverage is for rental cars. You should be covered. Also, I believe most credit card companies provide supplemental insurance when you pay with a credit card. I have never purchased insurance from a rental car company.

As for the cost, I always go to Travelocity and book the cheapest car rental I can find, and then I go to Priceline and bid for a car. If I win a bid on Priceline, I go out and cancel the Travelocity reservation. I have never been disappointed and usually save quite a bit.

It's been 5+ years since i was there so you'll want to do a little reading and check to see if things are still up to par, but we had a GREAT meal at the original Roy's (the one near the Costco, iirc)... expensive, but great food in a great open-kitchen atmosphere.

Thanks for the replies but unfortunately i am not covered for insurance with credit card and my insurance carrier does not cover US as i am from outside the us ,so i will need to get insurance with my rental and most of the rental companies charge a lot extra but i have found dollar to be quite competitive with the insurance combined with the rental . Thrifty are often slightly cheaper but i assumed thrifty and dollar were the same company ? . Is there anybody else i should try bearing in mind that i would also need insurance as well

I will of course check out the restaurants you mentioned but am aware it was 5 years ago but thanks for the suggestions and if anyone any further suggestions they are most welcome

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]