Priceline Hotel: Resort Cancun-Cozumel (Souht Hotel Zone) Westin Cancun Resort and Spa

adalliv06
By adalliv06,
in

Got this on the first bid! Was originally going to start at 60 but glad I decided to go lower. Wonder if I could have gone lower. I've read the reviews for this hotel and they're not the BEST but it is a Westin brand so there is some sort of standard to expect. That and with this very low rate and I have more leeway to upgrade to Royal Beach Club which has also been suggested on the tripadvisor.com

Hi adalliv06!

I just came back from a 10 day trip in Mexico. I booked my last night over PL and got the Westin Cancun Resort and Spa also. The reviews you have read about this hotel are unfortunately all true. If you go there and expect the typical Westin standart you will be 100% disappointed. The Hotel is somewhat of old and has in every room a musty smell (i tried 3 rooms, so i know what im talking about). I tried to upgrade to the Royal Beach Club, but that was refused. They even refused to transfer me to the newer Westin property (and this with a "prefered guest card"). You know what i did? I checked out after 10 minutes and went to Le Meridian Hotel. Exellent hotel! Superb rooms, fantastic pool area and a much better location than the Westin hotel. If you like to enjoy your holidays make it like me. This was my first bad experience with PL and didnt loose really a lot of money, coz i booked only one night. But i like to warn every one of you guys to avoid this crap Westin Hotel (a shame for the Westin brand).

Hi adalliv06!

I just came back from a 10 day trip in Mexico. I booked my last night over PL and got the Westin Cancun Resort and Spa also. The reviews you have read about this hotel are unfortunately all true. If you go there and expect the typical Westin standart you will be 100% disappointed. The Hotel is somewhat of old and has in every room a musty smell (i tried 3 rooms, so i know what im talking about). I tried to upgrade to the Royal Beach Club, but that was refused. They even refused to transfer me to the newer Westin property (and this with a "prefered guest card"). You know what i did? I checked out after 10 minutes and went to Le Meridian Hotel. Exellent hotel! Superb rooms, fantastic pool area and a much better location than the Westin hotel. If you like to enjoy your holidays make it like me. This was my first bad experience with PL and didnt loose really a lot of money, coz i booked only one night. But i like to warn every one of you guys to avoid this crap Westin Hotel (a shame for the Westin brand).

Hey Foxy,

Thanks for the head's up! That was really my biggest concern when reading the reviews but you just can't beat the price! I have already upgraded to the RBC and am hoping that will be better. I have a full itinerary planned for my visit so will not be spending a lot of time in the hotel. I am the adventure type so will be doing a lot of jungle tours, snorkeling, tulum ruins, etc... There will probably be at least 1 day that will be spent relaxing by the pool and beach and from what I've read so far that seems to be OK. I have been to Cancun so am familiar with the location of the Westin property. I actually prefer to be away from most of the major touristy shopping centers and bars. My am actually Mexican by birth so will be doing a lot of dinning and drinking downtown(which is only a bus ride away).

As long as the place isn't a total dump, we should be fine. I can be pretty flexible.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]