Priceline Hotel: Paris bidding strategy

ozgirl
By ozgirl,
in

Hi,

I wanted to bid for a hotel in Paris. In my research I came across something about a new Holiday Inn in the Latin Quarter area Holiday Inn Notre Dame. It looks great and I would love to win this hotel. But as we all know priceline can be a bit hit and miss in Paris.

What are my chances of getting this hotel if I bid for a 3* in St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse zone?

Would I have more success on Hotwire?

My travel dates are 12 June to 16 June.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

In my research I came across something about a new Holiday Inn in the Latin Quarter area Holiday Inn Notre Dame.

This hotel isn't reported to the board.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the star rating for the hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Thought I might give bidding a try. Looking at 4* in the Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West area. Budget is around $140. Date 12 - 16 June. One issue - I am travelling with a friend and definitely need a room with twin beds. Is this normally an issue in Paris hotel rooms?

Any suggestions on a bidding strategy please?

Thanks!

ozgirl

One issue - I am travelling with a friend and definitely need a room with twin beds.

Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, which means you may receive a room with only one bed and the hotel could assign you a room with only one bed. You could request a room with two bed, but the hotel could be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request... or charge an additional fee if they are willing to accommodate you request.

And have in mind that the rooms are smaller (not all) in Europe, twin beds are not that comon in Europe comparing to the USA. if this is a must so go with HOTWIRE. This is just my advice but it's your decision and stay.

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

With no re-bid zones and no other zones you're willing to accept, not much you can do at this point then continue to bid towards your limit.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Game plan is to stick to my max amount $150 and continue to bid over the next 4 weeks. Hoping for a lower prices but not likely. I tried a few diferrent dates with the Concorde La Fayette and Le Meridien Etoile which are hotels that come up on priceline bids in my choosen area of Champs Elysee. They have rates to end of May of 180 Euros and then the rates jump to 290+ Euros for my dates.

I do have a back up 3* hotel booked at 150 Euros that gets some decent reviews.

So the idea behind trying for a PRICELINE hotel is to try to save at least $200 overall.

So the idea behind trying for a PRICELINE hotel is to try to save at least $200 overall.

But you're also bidding at the 4* level and your back-up is a 3* property, so you're really trying to save $200 and upgrade your accommodations. As you get closer to your departure, you may want to settle for only one of these... either a lower price for a similar star rated hotel OR paying the same amount as your back-up for a higher rated hotel (although of course you have the 'unknown risk' of an opaque purchase).

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we an be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]