Priceline Hotel: 2* Orlando (Airport MCO) La Quinta Airport West

Goofyguy2
By Goofyguy2,
in

I'm very pleased to have found this board. Love the friendly people :) For about a month I've been trying for a 3* airport hotel for one night (Aug. 21st, 2005). I've had no luck so far. I've noticed that from the last 2yrs, prices have gone up. In Sept. 2003, we got the airport Hyatt for $31. I guess that's impossible these days!

We actually need an MCO hotel at the beginning and end of our Florida stay, but I'm ahead of myself here. For Aug. 21st, we really only need a place to lay our heads so the cheaper, the better. The only catch, is that we won't have a rental car and I understand only 3* hotels have complimentary 24hr shuttle service. I've bid up to $39, but I guess I'm kidding myself for getting a hotel for that cheap. Any suggestions?

We also need an MCO hotel on Aug. 31st. This time, however, we WILL have a rental car so free shuttle is not an issue. Therefore, we're willing to accept a lower star quality motel. We will spend very little time there so as long as it's clean, we're fine! For the last month, we've bid for 3*, 2.5*, 2* and even 1* and used free rebids for the 3*. We bid up to $39 for the 3* and up to $30 for the 1*.

It appears I will have to bid over $39 for a 3*. My 72hr window is up tomorrow so I can bid again. What are your suggestions? Thanks A LOT!!

I'm not too knowledgeable about the rental car issue, but I do know that priceline offers car rentals just like they offer hotels...

there's NO guarantee about 24hr complimentary shuttle service..........(I'm almost sure)

so if you DEFINITELY need that, maybe priceline isn't the right choice for you

look at the hotels list for MCO zone and find the lowest available rates at those hotels for the dates you want and we can more accurately give you an amount to bid...

if you want just a lucky guess....try bidding up to $50 or $60 for a 3*

be a little more clear and specific about your travel plans please

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

For the Aug. 21 stay, we do have friends who could pick us up at the airport so it's not absolutely necessary to get a car or have free shuttle service at this point of the trip. As I mentioned above, we will be getting a car for the latter half of the trip. But, as this is our first night, I'd like to stick with a 3* quality for now (until bids get too high).

For Aug. 21st, I found the following prices for 3* MCO hotels

Holiday Inn Select - $132.95

Mariott Airport - $139

Renaissance - $149

Hyatt - $189

Sheraton - $229

Crowne Plaza - $126

For our Aug. 31st stay, we will have a car so our objective is the cheapest, clean motel room as possible to lay our heads for a few hours. I don't see any 1* motels listed in your list. For the 2* motels, the current prices coming up are:

La Quinta Airport West - $75.05

La Quinta Inn and Suites Orlando Airport North - $75.05

Thanks again for your help.

based on a package for 2 nights (8/21-22) both La Quintas are available as is the 3* Holiday Inn Select. Hotwire has a 3* that could be the Holiday Inn for $60 so I think you'll need to be in the mid 40's to win. If you drop to 2*, both La Quinta's have shuttles and I'd guess you could win those at $35

Since you have 6 tries, with rebids, at the 3* I'd start at $40 then use the rebids at $42, 45, 47, 49 and 50.

for the 31st I'd try a 2* at $33. If that doesn't work wait the 72 hours and try $35.

don't forget to go to the savingsbarn.com to begin your bid.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

runNgun's advice seems sound (on many different levels... thanks!! :) ) and i would follow that for the time being for the first nite of your stay. If you need help with PRICELINE RE-BIDDING or want to confirm your re-bid zones with the board feel free to ask/do so.

As you're likely to win different hotels for each stay, please start a new thread for the nite of 8/31 so that each <eventual> win will have its own thread and the details can be reflected in the topic titles.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

SUCCESS! :) Thanks so much for all your help! I took your advice and tried for a 2* and we got accepted on the first bid of $35! Previously, I had bid up to $33 on a 2* but I guess I was just a little shy of the asking price. I wanted to change the subject line, but I couldn't find the edit button?? Thanks!

2* MCO Airport La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West Aug. 21 (1 night) $35

Thanks! I plan on telling my priceline buddies about this site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]