Priceline Hotel: amsterdam 3/7-3/10

1DaddyO
By 1DaddyO,
in

"I will automatically get the 5*? "

An interesting question.

You bid on a 4* but at a high enough bid that you also hit a 5* pricepoint.

My guess is that there is no automatic about it. But that is just a guess.

I follow AMS bidding every day and have done so for years. I can count on 2 fingers (maybe 3) the number of times a 4 star bid has won a 5*.

Now something accounted for that 5* showing up----the very few times it has----but not a clue as to why.

Maybe those bidders had a bid that hit the 5* pricepoint closer than any 4*?

BacSi

Maybe those bidders had a bid that hit the 5* pricepoint closer than any 4*?

It's not working this way. This is why we always says "don't bid higher for a specific hotel". The result will only be that you overbid for the hotel.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please start a new topic here if you have thoughts arround this so we don't high-jack OP's thread.

No problem hijacking this as it is a good topic. two years ago I got the 5* NH Krasnopolsky for $75. My latest rejection at $85 means my next attempts will be for a 5* at $90 as there is a possibility of getting one for $105 based on forum(s) info. If its no go with bids up to $110 then I will start again for 4* at $90 and work up to the $110.

No problem hijacking this as it is a good topic. two years ago I got the 5* NH Krasnopolsky for $75. My latest rejection at $85 means my next attempts will be for a 5* at $90 as there is a possibility of getting one for $105 based on forum(s) info. If its no go with bids up to $110 then I will start again for 4* at $90 and work up to the $110.

I also have been havin trouble with finding a place to stay. I'm new to this whole thing and have been reading the boards and trying to learn my way around. I was looking for a 4* for the night of 2/28 in central amsterdam or museum quarter and I've bid up to 90 with no such luck.

I found a 3* that looks really nice but i'm afraid that I won't receive that one if I include 3* in my search. Any tips, recommendations or suggestions? thanks so much.

BacSi

It's not working this way. This is why we always says "don't bid higher for a specific hotel". The result will only be that you overbid for the hotel.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please start a new topic here if you have thoughts arround this so we don't high-jack OP's thread.

Actually I think what you were saying and what I said were basicly the same.

Better price or closest price? Sort of splitting hairs if you see a big difference.

And no where did I advise anyone to bid higher for anything.

But thanks for the suggestion on a new topic anyway.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]