Priceline Hotel: New York Hotel (MTE) - 4* 3/9-3/12

rmunson1
By rmunson1,
in

I have quite possibly been unrealistically optimistic after reading two postings in early February where they were able to get the W for $90. So, rather than ask for bidding advice, I have been doing it on my own. I was hoping to spend $90, willing to go $130 and have even made bids as high as $142 without success. Due to some personal logistics, I want to confine my search to MTE. I have made my initial bid for MTE and then used my 5 free rebids (Brooklyn, LIC, MSG, Coney Island and UES) to up the price, failing every time. This has been going on every day for 2 weeks, and now I have less than 2 weeks until I will be there!

I had been thinking - just hold out, when the time gets near the price will drop. But I remain unsuccessful.

During the 2 weeks, I have usually begun at $90 (again, based on the Better Bidding posting where multiple winners got the W for $90), although sometimes my initial bid was higher. My lowest high bid has been $105. My highest high bid has been $142 with may days reaching into the $130s.

What's my fall back plan? I don't have one. Just keep bidding higher until Priceline finally gives me a room. But I am running out of time. Any other strategies to suggest other than expand to other areas (MTW, UWS, CPS, TS, ...)?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, if bids are not accepted at the price level you have bid up to, the only options are to wait, try for a lower star rating or bid higher.

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing a 4* MTE for $202 (the price you see may vary slightly), a 4* ESB for $175 and a 4* MTC for $154.

I'm guessing a 4* MTE may take between $155-170 on PRICELINE.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]