Priceline Hotel: 3* LA-San Fernando Valley (Valencia-Stevenson Ranch) Courtyard

cymbolz
By cymbolz,
in

Hi,

Looking to book two nights, Saturday May 7th to Monday May 9th in Valencia for a Six Flags visit. I think I've got this one working out ok but would appreciate any advice prior to my bidding on PRICELINE.

Originally was looking at booking directly in Holiday Inn Express or Embassy Suites. I don't mind the Hyatt Regency (lots of wins reported on this one) but prefer what the other two offer.

Looks like 3.5* bids normally result in Hyatt Regency while 3* has recenty resulted in Embassy Suites plus a few others that I'd consider acceptable also (Courtyard & Residence Inn)

So my plan is to start low ~ $40 and increments of $5 ish on 3* - unfortunately only 1 rebid zone, please confirm. Upper limit around $70 as I can then get 2.5* for $71 (smoke free, breakfast, internet) from HOTWIRE (no idea which hotel this could be)

Is there any chance if I start 3* it will offer my the 3.5* Hyatt? I believe this is possible...any reports / experience of this? If so and it's common, I'm tempted to just do 3.5* and take the Hyatt as there are more rebid zones (4) so the process will be much easier/quicker.

Is there any chance if I start 3* it will offer my the 3.5* Hyatt? I believe this is possible...any reports / experience of this? If so and it's common, I'm tempted to just do 3.5* and take the Hyatt as there are more rebid zones (4) so the process will be much easier/quicker.

Sure, this could happen and it happen from time to time. But i can't say how often or how big the cahnce is for you.

But start with bidding the same amount for the 3.5* like you have in mind for the 3* :)

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Well, there aren't very many hotels in Valencia. The Hyatt is a little bigger than the others though, but it is probably the most desired.

But, just let me say, I grew up there, and I'm there constantly, with the exception of the Hyatt, being across the street from the mall and a little fancier, almost all the hotels pretty much are the same, 75% of them are in the Stevenson Ranch/ Newhall truck stop type area... I mean just random generic 3 stars. I wouldn't say that any of the hotels you could possibly win would be that bad.

The Hilton would be a good win because it's closest to Magic Mountain, you could walk. Parking is over $15 a day at Magic now. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got back to bidding after a few weeks without a computer (darn technology).

Won the Courtyard By Marriott Santa Clarita Valencia for $69 per night (total for two nights including taxes is $163.78) for May 7-9. I was bidding at 3* level and started at $45 with increments of 2-3. Also found a 2.5* on Hotwire for $76 and 3* for $80 so that was going to be my limit.

Thanks to all of you for the input.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something which works for your needs and within your budget. Hope you're pleased with the outcome and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]