Hotwire Hotel: Help identifying 2.5* Ottawa hotel

jmeggs
By jmeggs,
in

Hotwire now gives you the Tripadvisor rating for a lot of hotels (you have to click on the "See Details" button, and it appears under the "Customer Reviews" box).

My question is, how dependable is it? If the hotel was listed on Hotwire in 2009, did they take the Tripadvisor rating from the day it was listed, or will it change as new reviews are posted on Tripadvisor?

For instance, booking a hotel in Ottawa, I see there are two 2.5-star hotels with the same amenities but one has a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5 and the other 4 out of 5. If that were matching exactly what's on Tripadvisor, I would know for certain that one is Quality Suites and one is Byward Blue. However, I'm pretty sure that it's Byward Blue (based on others' experience) yet Byward Blue does not have a 4 out of 5 rating on Tripadvisor... but maybe it did at one time?

Anyone got any answers on this? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I know it's either Byward Blue or Quality Hotel, but both have the same amenities (Restaurant, High Speed Internet, Business Centre). Both have been won by others on here at similar prices.

ONLY difference is the Tripadvisor rating, as far as I can tell (you can see it once you click "See Details" button and scroll down to Customer Reviews section). On Tripadvisor, Byward Blue has a 3.5 out of 4 rating, and Quality Hotel has 4 out of 4.

The one on Hotwire right now is showing a TripAdvisor rating of 4 out of 4, but how dependable is that?? Can I trust that I will actually be getting the Quality Hotel and not the crumby Byward Blue???

Any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]