Priceline Hotel: 2* San Francisco (SFO Airport-Burlingame) Days Inn Airport West

Timba69
By Timba69,
in

Was going for 2* hotel near SFO airport - Burlingame. Thought, looking at earlier posts on the forum I had a 50-50 % chance on the Vagabond or Clarion.

With the Vagabond as favorite.

1st bid $37 for SFO Airport - Burlingame. Denied, but they came with counteroffer for $52

I preffered a new bid by myself. I added the financial district (no 2* hotels) and increased to $41.

This one was accepted. But to my surprise it was a hotel I haven't spotted before on this site. The West Days Inn.

Actually I thought this hotel belonged to the Bruno district, but a closer look showed it was just in the Burlingame.

A bit scared I checked the hotelsite. It hasn't got the greatest reviews, but at least it has free breakfast and internet.

So after all happy for the total costs ($150, 3 days) and free amenities. Not about the location. It should be listed in other district!

While not the hotel you were expecting glad to see, for the price and amenities offered, you can make this work for your needs.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is it not true that adding the Financial District is not a true correct free re-bid in this case for 2*? One could always be upgraded. A Free re-bid is no 2* ( in this case) or ABOVE.

This could get one into trouble in other areas. This time it was fairly safe as the Financial district hotels would most likely not accept such a low bid. Please correct me if I am wrong.

• 1 month later...
...then why aren't they on the Priceline Hotel List?

From the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline acll the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing....

In light of the above, you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

Plato, you've been a member here for almost 4 years, have you used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE within that timeframe? If so, it would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board, as maybe your wins will help better complete the hotel lists or provide data points which could help another user :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]