Priceline Hotel: 5* Venice failed bids

immie
By immie,
in

"Just for fun" tried bids of 500 and 750 USD both rejected. I think they just don't have the room, that's it. Wish they could say it directly without making me bidding for 2 weeks.

So you can change topic title 750 USD failed bid :)

have done the same with 4 stars and: We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $999 for a hotel room in the Venice, Italy area

immie

"Just for fun" tried bids of 500 and 750 USD both rejected
have done the same with 4 stars and: We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $999 for a hotel room in the Venice

You know that all reservations are non-refundable? So don't bid for fun unless you're willing to pay.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I also like to add my "failed" bids history on Venice 06/30/11-07/03/11: I started bidding about two weeks ago on 5* and increased daily. Yesterday I stopped at 250 USD.

I started wondering if there is a hotel on PRICELINE in principle available or not when I checked HOTWIRE: During my dates, there is no 5*-Deal in Venice available (only Hotels.com-Offers). I just checked your dates on HOTWIRE... 03/05/11-03/08/11: there also is no 5* available.

immie,

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.
I also like to add my "failed" bids history on Venice 06/30/11-07/03/11: I started bidding about two weeks ago on 5* and increased daily. Yesterday I stopped at 250 USD.
Without bidding there is no way to know if PRICELINE has 'opaque' availability for a given nite. Checking HOTWIRE can give you an indication if they're tough dates and little/low availability, but PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are different companies, each uses their own universe of hotels, and therefore there is not a direct correlation between the two. If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are lucky that most hotels shut down inventory to opaque sites during special events or you would have gotten the most expensive NH room ever. They can not overbook during this time as all hotels are full so they are not willing to take risks.

That is Carnival of Venice. It ends on the 8th.

Saw the Hilton was on lastminute.com for 144 pounds or around 150 euros on Friday the 4th, but no inventory came there on the 5th.

If you are traveling during a special event like Venice Carnival you will almost certainly not be able to place a winning bid at any price, specially for 4 and 5-star hotels.

Since I like to travel to Europe during the second half of May every year I have encountered my share of big soccer events. The Champions League final in Roma made me change plans and had to spend two nights in Napoli because I could not find a room for that particular night in Roma.

This next May I was thinking of going to London but there is the FA Cup Final on the 28th of May, right in the middle of my planned stay, and 3-star hotels are going for $700 a night so I changed my plans again and will spend 4 nights in Paris.

One thing I have added to my travel planning strategy is to avoid cities with big events, but if the event is want you want see you need to plan many months in advance and pay the big bucks. On the other hand if what you want to see is the Carnival, who cares about how many star should the hotel be.

Try getting a hotel for New Year's Eve in New York, or the Mardi Gras en New Orleans, or the Carnival in Rio, or for any city holding the Superbowl in the USA, and you'll know what I mean.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]