Priceline Hotel: What about Athens Sofitel or Holiday Inn?

xenolalia
By xenolalia,
in

Unfortunately this stay will not be confirmed until the end of this week, but my search did not turn up any bids related to the two hotels that serve the Athens airport (ATH). Did I miss something because it would appear there is no way to make a specific bid on these two hotels.

I will be going through ATH on my way to LCA but on the return must spend the night (March (8) near the airport for an early departure the next morning. A friend might take me in but I think she will not be home that night.

Priceline only has a single area for Athens, so there is no way to try specifically for an airport hotel.

However, Hotwire does show a separate grouping for airport hotels. You might take a look at that. There are no reporting wins here though, so there isn't any information upon which to identify the hotel ahead of time.

Romelle

xenolalia

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Like Romelle said, you can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

But please post back in this thread when your plans are firm and we'll take a deeper look at this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Okay, I am now confirmed for March 8 in Athens and my first choice is Sofitel to avoid the cost and time involved in using taxis.

I will check out Hotwire but it sounds like I may need to lock in today the advanced purchase rate which is right at $200 which is at least better than what I am holding at the Holiday Inn.

Edited to say I did a quick run on Hotwire and it would not let me add car rental to give up the name of the actual hotel but searching for hotels apparently gives me the Holiday Inn on Attica Rd. for $153.

Also back to the Sofitel web and their $200 rate 2 weeks out has come and go so it is up now to $234.

Glad to see you found something that you're happy with and works well for your plans.

Please note from our support page that we're an affiliate of the Sofitel (accorhotels)... please check for and use the links there for your future hotel direct purchases whenever possible.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]