Hotwire Hotel: Help with where to stay in NJ

lmc77
By lmc77,
in

Hi I am again trying to book a property in NJ for a trip to NYC

I was delighted with the Hyatt Place at Secaucus that we got last year but this doesn’t seem to be showing this year. Is there any chance of this coming up nearer the time of our visit? I only need a room for 1 night 3/11/11 - 4/11/11 and as we are going to have a car this time for some onward travel I thought it would be best to stay in NJ for the night and take advantage of the free car parking and the 320 bus that runs from the meadowlands propertied.

Any ideas on a similar standard hotel for these areas? Also never used PRICELINE but could this be an option?

Thanks for any help in advance

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board each time you access the respective site(s).

Your stay is about 9 months away and the hotels offered thru HOTWIRE will likely change multiple times between now and then. However, there is no way to know which hotels iwll show and/or if the one you're hoping for will ever appear (HOTWIRE only shows one hotel per zone at each star level per zone... the hotel with the cheapest price is the one offered)

If you use PRICELINE there will be no way to try to target a specific hotel in the zone, you'll be subject to any hotel in the area at the star rating (or higher) that you select.

What is your budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there thanks for the reply.

I have used the hotwire search on this site, I have now had a further look and am wondering how you differntiate between the 2 4star hotels in Hoboken as they both have the same amenities and also the same 4.5 out of 5 on trip advisor?

Dates still 3rd Nov/11 till 4/th Nov 11

Thanks in advance

This is a match for both Westin and Hyatt. And with the same TA rating is there no chance to separate them.

You need to have an open mind for both hotels.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Thanks again for all your help.

Have booked direct for the hyatt place secaucus as really suits our needs and was happy with it last year.

I will of course be using the Hotwire and Priceline search tools for the rest of my trip which will include Philly, Washington DC and Atlantic City.

Thank you

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]