Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Airport FLL) Sheraton Airport and Cruise Port

esj
By esj,
in

You can benefit from the hard lesson I learned today. I wanted a beach hotel, I narrowed the search to Hollywood Beach area. I selected the 4.5 star property that I was convinced from my research was the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa on the beach. Well, No it was not. The trick is you have the see the little beach symbol, waves and umbrella I believe. It was not there and it is not there for your dates either. The property is their Golf resort a mile and a half from the beach. It does seem like a really lovely hotel, a golfer would probably be in heaven. I am a beach person, so I am very disappointed for myself that I missed that little clue that is so important. If you are a golfer definitely go for it. If you do choose it, it might be wise to put in 2 adults and 2 kids or if you get the bedchoice option you might opt for the the $114.00 bed choice option with a family of 4. Beware this resort has mandatory valet parking at $25.00 per day, that allows you to also park at the beach location as well and I believe there is a shuttle to the beach location. Another thing I learned, the beach location has doubles, not queens. This is the Golf location, 501 Diplomat, Hallandale, FL. BTW, the $90.00 rate is great! I am going in mid March. I got it at $108.00, it is now at $126.00 as soon as I booked mine it went up. I hope it works out for you, good luck!

esj,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I belive that the The Diplomat Country Club and Spa has been upgraded to 4.5* so this would be my best guess.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

hpeabody,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please post your win (including all amenities, price, dates etc) in a separate topic so this stay can appear on boards Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Yellowdog.

• 3 weeks later...

esj

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

I'm sorry to say that a 4* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board.

But a guess would be Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel with the addition of a Smoke Free icon.

I'll add the caveat that this HOTWIRE offering is showing a 3.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating associated with this property, whereas the hotel currently showing a 4.0. The TA rating shown by HOTWIRE is not update in realtime (it's only updated about once a month) so it's possible that the rating has changed since HOTWIRE's last update. This does cast a shadow of doubt over this ID.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please remember follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this property works well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]