Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (ESB) Eastgate Tower Hotel

samwrc
By samwrc,
in

Hi everyone!

I'm new on the forum, so please pardon me if I do something wrong.

I'm French and living in Ohio since last August.

I plan on visiting NYC with my girlfriend in May this year.

We are looking for a hotel room from 05/19 to 05/23.

We basically just want a simple hotel room with private bathroom. We're not looking for anything fancy since we'll be visiting pretty much all the time. So we just want like a 2.5*, 3* decent hotel room.

I've been trying to get a room using Priceline in the following areas:

- Central Park

- Times Square

- Chelsea

- Midtown East

- Midtown West

- Hell's kitchen

- Empire State Building

- Madison Square Garden

I went from 100$ to 130$ and I've been biding everyday for the past 2-3 weeks and I couldn't get anything.

As we've got limited budget, I'd like not to go much higher than this price range.

Do you have any advice to get what we are looking for?

Thanks a lot for your help

Sam

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is one of the most expensive times of year in NYC... have you thought about staying outside of the city (but nearby so commutable by subway/train) for all or part of your stay? You do lose a bit of the 'feel' for Manhattan and the ease of heading back to your hotel room during the day to drop off bags, sit down and rest for an hour, get ready for dinner, etc... but it may help ease your budget constraints a bit.

If you could stretch your budget another $25/nite i think it could mean the difference between success/failure.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Increasing your bid to $150 wouldn't guarantee success, but it would increase your chances dramatically... if you're able to stretch your budget i'd try up to $150 with a 3* minimum... if that is rejected you can then decide if you want to lower to 2.5* or wait it out.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're comfortable with the zones you previously bid above i'd bid as follows:

At the 2.5* level you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, Chelsea, MTE...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, HK, ESB, MSG...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, TS, Chelsea, MTE...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, HK, ESB, MSG...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, HK, Chelsea, MTE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, TS, ESB, MSG...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, ESB, MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, HK, Chelsea, MSG...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, Chelsea, MSG...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, HK, ESB, MTE...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, Chelsea, MSG, MTW, HK...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, Chelsea, MSG, ESB, HK...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, Chelsea, MSG, MTW, MTE...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS, Chelsea, MSG, ESB, HK, MTW, MTE...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Need help identifying a 2* in Central Park area, 126$ per night from 05/19 to 05/23

As described in topic title I'd like to identify a 2* hotel in Central Park area.

From 05/19 to 05/23 Hotwire offers a hot rate of 126$ per night.

Hotel amenities are:

- breakfast,

- fitness center,

- business center.

Thanks for your help

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

This property has not yet been reported to the board... we don't see a lot of 2* bidding/purchases (based upon my previous comments above) and especially not in this zone, which can go pretty far north which is not that central/convenient for the average visitor.

Congratulations on your success!

I assume you won this via the PRICELINE bidding above?

This hotel provides a great value and is a well run property. It's a converted apartment building so (i believe) all rooms are are at a minimum studio suites and have all the amenities of a small NYC apartment (ie- small kitchenette area and refrigerator).

Easy access to the subway via Grand Central about 3-4 blocks away and lots of happy hour deals if you walk south on Third Ave (as you get near the mid-20's).

An excellent 'cheap eats' dinner can be had at the Jackson Hole at 35th St and Third Ave... one of the best burgers in the city.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE link on the board for your purchase... it's appreciated :)

A little long-ish of a walk (15+ minutes) but certainly do-able one morning, another suggestion is my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]