Hotwire Hotel: 5* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) Nh Barbizon Palace

Ron H
By Ron H,
in

I was hoping you could tell me which hotel these might be. Thank you!

5-star hotel in City Centre - Museum Quarter

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

4-star hotel in City Centre - Museum Quarter

This hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click this HOTWIRE link and reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay, well then have a look at the hotels above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.

We will be in Amsterdam from 4/24 through 4/27, total of 3 nights.

Hotwire has offered me the 4 star for $131 a night and the 5 star for $188 a night, both Museum Quarter area hotels as described above. Looks like someone asked about the 4 star and didn't know what it was due to the laundry facilities.

We want to make sure we are in a convenient location in a nice hotel. I would think either would be fine. Any advice would be appreciated and I will use the links provided to bid.

Unfortunately neither of these properties have been identified... but i do see the 4* NH Museum Quarter offered for $165/nite if that is of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi - I will probably book this but wanted to get your advice. I now see the 5* Amsterdam City Center for $197 a night. Amenities does not list pool, but has fitness, restaurant and business center. From another post, it seems like it could be the Grand Amrath. I currently have a reservation at Hotel Rho for around the same price.

Do you think this would be the Grand Amrath or perhaps an alternate hotel?

5-star hotel in City Centre - Museum Quarter

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Thank you and will use the link when I book. Sorry about encroaching on that other thread but it seemed kind of relevant.

Ron H

I don't belive this is the Grand Amrath. And i have no guess for this hotel. We have tried ID this before without any luck.

And with a 3.5/5 TA rating would i look at a 4*.

Let us know how you want to procced.

Thanx for using boards HOTWIRE link :)

Yellowdog.

PS. please don't copy/paste to your thread... post only the icon names (and not the full descriptions that go along with it) as it will make your post easier for us to read.

That is unfortunate, Grand Amrath would have been excellent. One person seemed to post that Grand Marath had the 3 things I posted and did not mention the pool. Is it possible they dropped that from the list of amenities?

For 4*, Hotwire is offering for $169 a night in City Centre-Musueum Quarter, a hotel with the following: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Tennis

Based on your hotel list, seems like the Movenpick although the location on the hotel list indicates East Amsterdam not City Centre.

That is a bit less than my current reservation (hotel Rho) but would want to be sure if is a decent location for us.

Any advice for this one?

Ron H

You can't "puzzle" with the zones and amenities like you do. Movenpick is located in the East Amsterdam zone.

The 4* looks like a pretty new or re-rated hotel. So a guess would be that this is the Hilton Amsterdam that is downgraded from 5* to 4*. There's a few things that support my guess but this could also be a diffrent hotel.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

So, you are thinking the 4* may be the Amsterdam Hilton as it has these amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Laundry and it is in the district where the Movenpick may be in East Amsterdam? Amsterdam Hilton seems a bit far away. Based on this, would probably stay with my Hotel Rho reservation or would consider that 5 star they are offering.

I appreciate the help, let me know any other suggestions you may have.

"So, you are thinking the 4* may be the Amsterdam Hilton"

I am not sure why they think this.

The Hilton has for years been a mainstay 5 star hotel. ON PL as well as all other booking sites that I have seen-----and I have seen a few.

I have heard nothing about any down grading of that hotel.

I would bet money----the Hilton is still a 5 star. And is IMO not the 4 * hotel in question.

I am thinking of going for that 5* Central. I understand it might not be the Grand Amrath, as you said. I don't like the Hilton as it is the far edge of the zone and may not be that convenient. I have not been to Amsterdam but would location tends to be everything.

I saw that other post: Hotwire Amsterdam Museum Quarter

They indicated they had the Grand Amrath and amenities noted were Non-smoking, Gym, Rest., Business Center

I am being offered a 5-star hotel in City Centre - Museum Quarter with amenities being Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center.

I agree it does not seem to be the Grand Amrath as there are many postings that all include a pool. Trying to understand the downside of what this 5 star could be if not Grad Amrath with those amenities. Any thoughts or suggestions? I care mostly about location and am sure any of these places would be fine and very comfortable. If I go for it, would use the HOTWIRE link and provide a hotel for your list so appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

The amenities Restaurant, Fitness, Business are very common at higher rated hotels so i don't have any insight as to which property this may be.

You could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Hey there - I did it and I used your HOTWIRE link. Went for my last night there. Ended up being NH Barbizon Palace. Amenities are definitely what I listed( Restaurant, Fitness, Business) so you can update the site. Not a great deal as it came to $212 for the night as cancelable reservations would have been 169 euros or $237. Will work well though as we have a very early flight in the morning and will be near the train. We will stay with our other reservation for the other nights and it will be ideal.

Thanks for your help and the tips.

Ron

Sorry to see this wasn't as much of a deal as you would have liked, but glad to see it will work well for your plans for the last nite of your stay.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE link on the board and sharing your results, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with this property.

Enjoy your stay and have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]