Priceline Hotel: Needs help for London

gruber
By gruber,
in

Hello,

I'm trying to book 3 rooms in a 4* hotel in London. The dates we will be staying are 05/09/2011 till 05/12/2011.

I have been trying the follow bids, with no succes:

- $88 - Westminster

- $89 - + City / London Bridge

- $90 - + Mayfair/Soho

- $91 - + Bloomsbury/Marble Arch

- $91 - + Notting Hill/Bayswater

- $95 - + Kensington/Earl's Court

- $95 - + Chelsea/Knightsbridge

Offcourse we will stay, if possible, in central London.

Max. $100

Can somebody help me with any suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With your maximum bid at $100 and your previously failed bids at $95, you're not leaving yourself much room for success. We can suggest a strategy up to whatever amount you'd like, but i'm guessing this stay will currently take about $125-$145 to be successful.

Are all the zones above acceptable? You have TWO re-bid zones which it doesn't appear you're using, are you familiar with re-bidding (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) and able to determine your two re-bid zones when bidding 4* in London?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All above zones are acceptable. Also 3* hotels. My max. budget is $100,-.

I read the re-bidding topic, but whats the best strategy now?

Bloomsburry/Marble Arch, Kensington/Earl's Court and City/London Bridge don't have 5* hotels in Priceline.

All above zones are acceptable. Also 3* hotels. My max. budget is $100,-.
Did you first want to try a 4* up to $100 before lowering your star rating to 3*? Or with your stay nearly 3 months away do you want to only bid 4* at the moment and hope for lower prices down the road?
Bloomsburry/Marble Arch, Kensington/Earl's Court and City/London Bridge don't have 5* hotels in Priceline.
If you're bidding the 4* level you want zones which don't have hotels rated 4* or higher... if you're bidding the 3* level you're looking for zones which don't have hotels rated 3* or higher. The only time you'd want zones which didn't contain 5* properties is if you were bidding the 5* level. Is this clear and/or make sense?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you first want to try a 4* up to $100 before lowering your star rating to 3*? Or with your stay nearly 3 months away do you want to only bid 4* at the moment and hope for lower prices down the road?
I think I only try for 4* now, maybe next week 3*. Or is it better to try also 3*, because I have a 'low' budget?
If you're bidding the 4* level you want zones which don't have hotels rated 4* or higher... if you're bidding the 3* level you're looking for zones which don't have hotels rated 3* or higher. The only time you'd want zones which didn't contain 5* properties is if you were bidding the 5* level. Is this clear and/or make sense?
I think it's clear, but all zones rated 4* or lower, so I can't re-bid?
Have you done any research on the Regents Park area? Not much further and the hotels are very close to tube. Often possible to get nice 4 stars for $100 and under. If you consider that zone I think your chances of success are much better. JMO
Thanks !!!! This is a very good tip! I have been trying to bid for 3 rooms in this area, with 4* for $100.... at this moment, no succes!
I think it's clear, but all zones rated 4* or lower, so I can't re-bid?
I'm guessing you've been bidding at the 4* level, and then are trying to click on the other zones to find the ones without 4*s all in the same session? Looks like they all have 4*s?

What you have to do is close your browser and get out of PRICELINE. Then come back in again and click the zones one at a time, turning off one before you click another. There REALLY are two free rebid London zones at the 4* level (they only have 3* and lower bidding available).

Romelle

So i assume your next step is to bid up to $100 at the 4* level for your acceptable zones?

Using your TWO re-bid zones i'd bid the following:

Select 4* Westminster, City, Mayfair, Bloomsbury, Notthing Hill, Kensington, Chelsea...

Bid $96, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected let us know if you want to continue to try for a 4* (we'll revise to 'backtrack' the bidding a bit in case lower priced inventory is released in the future) or do you want to try again now for a 3 star?

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

If you are arriving via air very late, or leaving very early perhaps an airport hotel would work for one of the nights? They are not nearly as expensive as the in-town ones, and can be very convenient.

You also should check the "My Rewards" area on Priceline. Rather randomly they post bonus money which can be used while bidding.

Another posted submitted this:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?sho...=125229&hl=

which is supposed to be good for $5 bonus per night up to 5 nights. But it is only good for 48 hours.

Romelle

Well, for your dates on HOTWIRE, there is a 3* Kensington/Earl's Court one for $89 a night, includes breakfast so quite likely to be a Holiday Inn Express, with availability for 3 rooms. I think with PRICELINE, it can be tougher to find multiple rooms because the hotels sometimes only give PL 1 or 2 rooms per night. Al least that's what some people have told me...I don't have any personal experience of booking multiple rooms.

Help ID 3* London (Notting Hill - Bayswater area)

$86 - 05/09 - 05/12

Hi!

I'm looking for this hotel:

3* - London - Notting Hill - Bayswater area

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast - Restaurant

$86 per room, per night

'Recommended in 35% of Hotwire customer reviews' (this hotel is not so good?)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]