Priceline Hotel: 3* Jacksonville (Airport JAX-North) Hyatt Place Airport

oldmanbob
By oldmanbob,
in

Hotel dates 3-09-11 to 3-10-11

Used PRICELINE link from Betterbidding. Researched "feeler rates" from previous betterbidding.com prior posts. Then checked out hotel ratings and comments on tripadvisor, then went bidding.

First bid of $40 for a 3 star was rejected, but I was offerred a one time only option to get a confirmed room if I raised bid by $15 to $55. :)

I declined that option. I instead added a 2nd zone (Yulee) that does not have any 3 star or higher hotels in that zone. This allows my rebid to the 3 star at the airport zone I was targeting.

I rebid at $42, and got declined again, but with that decline notice, I did NOT get the offer of the $15 guarantee I was offerred on my first rejected bid. :)

So I went and added a 3rd zone (Jax west) that also does not have any 3 star or higher hotels. I thought long and hard and raised my bid by two more dollars to $44. (many others on betterbidding had their $43 offer accepted, but I splurged the extra buck and bid $44. :o

Offer was accepted and with $13.10 in taxes and fees, my total cost was $57.10. Hyatt Place is rated # 4 out of 133 hotels in the JAX area by Tripadvisor. The Hyatt web site had a non refundable cost of $109 plus Taxes and fees, or a refundable cost of $129 plus tax and fees. Thus my total cost of 57.10 all inclusive was a great price.

As usual, thanks to betterbidding.com and its users for supplying info that makes it easy to make smart bids for great properties! :)

Oldmanbob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]