FLL Ft Lauderdale Compact Avis

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

Avis at the FLL airport. 6pm 2/25 to 6pm 3/1 for 4 days.

I tried a lot of things here. There is a huge difference on the rates between the weekend days and the week days.

I actually could have used a vehicle for 5 days instead of 4, starting the morning of 2/25 and returning the car the evening of 3/1. For that span I'd bid up to $36 with no luck even for the economy size, and was seeing rates from other sources ranging from $300 to over $500.

The best rate I could see elsewhere for the 4 days was $212 (excluding some unfamiliar rental companies).

My prior bid was $31 for the next size up, which failed. Guess I'll never know whether a bid of $31 would have worked for the compact.

Your Offer Price: $32.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 4 days

Subtotal: $128.00

Taxes and Fees: $63.70

Total Charges: $191.70

Lowest Published Price: $441.72 (USD)

Total Savings:* $250.02 (USD) (You saved 57%)

I can't say as I'm proud of a great deal here, but it was the best I could find.

I'd had rental car bonus money regularly in my Priceline rewards, but the last batch expired 12/31/10, well before I was able to set this trip up. And right after I got the bid, Priceline then added some new bonus rental car money to my account. Arrgg.

Still, totally looking forward to some Florida sunshine and warmth.

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

While a bit more than we typically see, rates are a bit high for these dates and at least you know you got the best deal possible at this point in time.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the rental company which accepted your winning bid so we can add this information to the topic title.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]