SEA Seattle Standard Hertz

mikeyjc
By mikeyjc,
in

Hi all.

Over the past week or so, I've bid $8 for a Full-size, Standard, and/or Mid-size for this time period to see Priceline's response. Each time, Priceline came back with a "Good Chance" of $12 and a "Great Chance" of $13 for all 3 sizes ... so, I nibbled at $10 and $11 daily but without success.

Figured I should lock this in now, since this rental falls during the April school break period ... so, I bid $11 again today for a Full-size, which Priceline rejected with no counter-offer.

I then upped my bid to $12 and changed to a Standard, and Priceline accepted the offer.

Details:

Standard Car (Unlimited Mileage)

Your Offer Price: $12.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 7 days

Subtotal: $84.00

Taxes and Fees: $80.14

Total Charges: $164.14

Lowest Published Price: $556.64

Total Savings:* $392.50 (You saved 71%)

(Cost was $26 less than renting either a Full, Standard, or Mid-size on Hotwire for the same rental period.)

Pick-Up Location:

Hertz Corporation

Seattle Tacoma Airport

17801 Pacific Highway South Suite 301

Seattle,WA 98158-1200

1-800-654-3011

Pick-Up Date: April 9, 2011 - 11:00 AM

Drop-Off Date: April 16, 2011 - 11:00 AM

I did click thru from the PRICELINE link in this forum before I pulled the trigger.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful during what has the potential to be a busy week. If you're looking for a quick half day trip Fremont is a nice little city and you can see the Fremont Troll under the bridge. :)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]