Priceline Hotel: Priceline Zones?

Carbal
By Carbal,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For starters, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although you'll still actually be over the limit you booked for)

The above is assuming you only intended to book one room... or were you intending to book more than one room? What are the ages of your kids?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply. My children are all elementary school aged. I used Priceline for all of our hotels on a trip to the east coast this summer and had great luck with hotels accommodating us. In fact, a few upgraded us to larger rooms, which was totally unexpected, especially given the rate we'd secured.

There is always the risk that you may be stuck with one bed, especially in a larger city and/or during a busier period. Some markets are easier than others when it comes to getting two beds, but there is always the risk the hotel could say no or charge more. HOTWIRE is generally recommended when it comes to 4 people in the room.

In terms of Chicago and PRICELINE, I only recommend two zones.

Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park: This is the area South of the river. It is closer to museums and has some shopping, primarily along State St. However, a large portion of this zone is business district and much of it can be quiet or very quiet later at night.

NMA-River North: This area has a larger amount and variety of restaurants, and is open later at night. There is also the Michigan Ave. shopping area, and Navy Pier, although I really don't recommend the latter. This area is further away from the museum campus, but closer to Lincoln Park (although that is still a good trek.)

I'd much rather recommend the combination of the Lincoln Park Zoo (free) and Peggy Notabert Nature Museum (admission) than Navy Pier.

Not really a fan of the planetarium, but the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium are worth seeing.

HOTWIRE has 3 zones: the Loop zone (South of the River), the Mag Mile-Streeterville zone (which is essentially the bottom half of the River North-NMA zone on PRICELINE) and the NMA-Water Tower-GC area (which is the top half of the River North-NMA zone on PRICELINE.)

Please let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I've decided to use HOTWIRE - linking through this site - but would appreciate your thoughts about the following hotel:

3.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville

Fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, hi speed

90% recommended

$69

Is the North Michigan/Water Tower/Gold Coast area a more exciting area? Nothing showing up below $100 right now, but I have time.

Thanks so much

The Mag Mile/Streeterville area is the lower half of the overall North Michigan Ave. area and vicinity. The NMA-WT-GC area is the upper half.

This is one giant area on PRICELINE (River North-NMA.) Both areas are fine and very similar on HOTWIRE, but I tend to prefer the somewhat more centrally located (when looking at the city as a whole) Mag Mile-Streeterville area.

The Millennium Park-Loop area, however, is fine during the day, but can be quiet (or very quiet, depending where) at night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]