Priceline Hotel: Help for Orlando, Feb 22 to 25

JNR
By JNR,
in

I based my bidding technique on past advice I received on this board and closed my browser before entering a second set of bids but I received the following message, "We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip. Your credit card has not been charged." What did I do wrong?

Want a 4* for Feb. 22 to 25 in the Universal or Sea World Area. Used nine re-bid zones. Trying to keep it under $80.

Universal Orlando Resort Area

Okay, I added a response. I didn't to begin with because I did not use a bidding site so I didn't think the information was relevant to helping anyone on the board.

I looked into booking a safety hotel with a cancellation policy last night and was surprised to find so many properties at full capacity. February has always been a slow month at theme parks but I guess schools must be taking non-traditional break times now. Disney has later hours that week so they must be busier too.

Okay, I added a response. I didn't to begin with because I did not use a bidding site so I didn't think the information was relevant to helping anyone on the board.
Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc. This 'concludes' your threads so that others know what you ultimately did, rather than be left wondering if you continued to bid but failed, canceled the trip, won a hotel but forgot to report it, etc. It's also a courtesy to those who may have taken the time to help you with your stay.

Your second round of bidding was rejected as a duplicate since it is a subset of the first round of bidding... if you let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept, desired star level, and maximum bid, we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow to help maximize your bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones (NOT nine). Lake Buena Vista is not a red-bid zones, as while it does not currently contain 4* rated hotels, it does have Resort properties, and your 4* bid could be upgraded to a Resort class property.

I'm doubtful your budget will be enough for a 4* hotel, but to give it a try:

Select 4* Universal and Sea World...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking at the two four-star wins in Orlando recently posted for different dates, I'm sad to report that I was not able to book a four-star with a top budget of $100 for next week. I bid every 24 hours and even had a separate 3.5-star strategy. The $5 bonus dollars offered this weekend by Priceline didn't help either. Too bad.

A regular reservation was made at the three-star La Quinta Inn Orlando - Universal Studios on Major Blvd for $85. Not a deal by any means but with President's Day weekend hotels were filling up and I didn't want to risk bidding on a three-star property because there are too many sub-standard ones in that area.

Thanks for your help with my bid. I think it might be the very first time I've walked away with nothing. Just a busy week in Orlando for hotels I guess.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]