Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers

lostandconfused
By lostandconfused,
in

Hey folks,

Looking for a 4* in NYC for a little city break. 3 nights, budget of $150 per night. 4* preferred (of course!).

Flying into Newark, taking the AirTrain into Penn Station, principal activities will be shopping, eating and going to see the Rangers at Madison Square Garden too (it's going to be a good weekend!).

Thought I'd try Chelsea first (hoping for Fashion 26), but no dice. Unsuccessful bids as follows:

Chelsea only - $120

+ MSG - $130

+ Upper East Side - $135

+ Brooklyn - $140

+ Coney Island - $145

+ Long Island - $150

No results - any recommendations for the next area to try? Relative merits of MTE vs. MTW?

Thanks!

Sorry for being vague - I guess I'm just having trouble choosing where to go, so seeking (subjective, biased) opinions on the merits of each PriceLine area!

E.g. Are the 4* hotels in one PriceLine area demonstrably better (i.e. no "priceline rooms", larger/comfier/cleaner/boutique-ier etc) than another?

Perhaps not the right kind of question for this forum - apologies if so!

You might look at the reviews under the Hotel Reviews tab for answers to your questions. I don't know the NY hotels well enough to answer generally, but do know there are a few hotels in London where the posters here have made their displeasure clear.

The one thing I do know about reviews in general is that people are way more likely to report issues than to take the time to say positive things, so do weigh what you read accordingly. Good review +5, bad reviews -1, or some similar adjustment.

Romelle

I think there are properties that are both positive and negative in each area. Additionally, you may run into chains or specific properties, such as the W chain, which may be the favorite of some but may not be someone else's cup-of-tea. With NYC, reviews may also be a touch harsh at times due to expectations versus what are commonly regular rate prices (although serious concerns should certainly be taken seriously.)

HOTWIRE is a more expensive option, but allows one to make an educated guess as to which hotels may be showing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I would think that most 4* midtown zones should be fine for your needs... is there any reason to believe why MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and/or ESB wouldn't all work for your needs?

Give you're only bidding Chelsea, ESB and MTE are there hotels you're trying to avoid in the TMW, CPS and/or TS zones?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and thanks for closing this thread with your results.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc. so that the information can help others in a timely manner.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]