Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas

irongut99
By irongut99,
in

I've used this site many times for research (always use the link :) ) I was into my second free-rebid for a 2 room, 3 night stay may 12 to 15. Started at $75 and was going to work my way up with 11 re-bid zones. Instead of asking me to re-submit, it took me out to the regular hotel list, and took away the name your own price tab??? With this message "Thank You for Naming Your Own Price

I don't know why PL does what you described, but I've had it happen to me too. And I've read of it happening to other bidders. There didn't seem to be anything unique or different that I had done to cause it.

You've got the right approach though. When it happens, just mutter something unprintable, and go back in. Start this new session with some new combination or element, so you don't get accused of a repeat bid.

Romelle

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding and purchases.

Can you please add a reply to your Hotwire Quebec thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay, and assuming you've used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE in the last 2 years, please begin to share your wins with the board so that the information can help others, just as you're helped by those who have posted before you :)

The above is an example of PRICELINE cross-marketing... they aren't able to accept your bid price but know you need a hotel. They don't know if you intend to bid again on a hotel or 'leave' and go book thru some other non-opaque channel, so before you have the chance to bid again (or leave) they present you with some of their own 'retail; options. I'm sure there are some people who take them up on their offer and purchase retail.

If you use the search box on the top right corner of this page, it makes it easy to bid again if you're re-directed to the retail section... simply close the current browser, click the GO button again (since all of your information is still in the search box) and resume your bidding. It helps save a few clicks.

If you'd like PRICELINE help with your Las Vegas stay please let us know your dates of travel, zones, maximum bid and amounts you have already tried.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Will do. I will try to add recent wins (2 this year), as I do use this board as research. (done)

We are going to Vegas May 11th thru 15th. Looking for 5* north or south strip.

I recently started at $75, made it up to $99, was asked if I wanted to raised it by $25 I could re-bid. Declined and went to $103, before I was redirected for the second time as described above. Any ideas?

Thanks

If you made it to $99 and got a counter offer to head to $125, the actual number that it may take would be between $99 and $125. If you weren't accepted at $103, then it would require a higher number - I'd move up slowly, maybe by $2's or $3's - $106 and then if that's not accepted $109, $112, etc.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

With so many re-bid zones at the 5* level in Vegas you should be able to work your way up to the counter-offer your next round of bidding, if you're willing to bid that high... what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]