Priceline Hotel: Hawaii in Dec

ilenemak
By ilenemak,
in

Going to Hawaii 12/19-12/27, I do not see any 4 star or more hotels on priceline for Maui. Is it too early to bid? When would be a good time? I'm interested in the Hyatt, Sheraton or Westin. Also, would like to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 2 days, is that Waikiki North or South?

If your plans are VERY firm, it's never too early to bid for the holidays. That said, it's also extremely probable that more inventory will be added closer to your arrival date. I'd start with $150 and go up to $160 for a Maui resort every time I thought of it (you're allowed to bid every 3 days, but no real reason to bid more than once a week when you've got so much time). Using the packages feature, I'd also look to see if breaking up the dates would help. Logic suggests the days BEFORE x-mas might be less busy, and therefore more available. Look on hotwire for clues, too.

HHW is in the north zone. Just had a walk around the property on my last visit earlier this month. I'd only recommend it to folks who like a "busy" las-vegas style experience. The hotel is very big and very busy!

What would be a fair bid for HHV? I noticed in another posting that I need to bid for resort, would it be possible that I might get the Sheraton? I was able to get the Hyatt in Oahu for $153/nite with my corporate discount, but I have not heard good things about the Hyatt, would rather stay in HHV.

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]