Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

jgk4cfc
By jgk4cfc,
in

Hello, thereuare! Thanks so much for this wonderful board.

Can you help me with a 4.5* NYC Midtown East for 3/4-3/6.

Amenities are:

- Fitness Center

- Restaurant

- Business Center

- High Speed Internet

- Spa

Rate is $141/night

90 % recommended, 4.5/5 Overall satisfaction rating.

Thanks for your help!

JGK

I used the BB link for Priceline, thanks!

Started off trying for 4* in Central Park South - first bid $105, then added Brooklyn and rebid for $120, then added MTE and won at $125.

I had been thinking that Hotels.com price of $163 for Studio Suite at the Benjamin in MTE looked pretty good, but decided to go for it on Priceline bid.

Looking at TA reviews, I am a little worried about some of the negative reviews for the Grand Hyatt :) , but I figure a fair % of the reviews are either fakes, people that wouldn't be pleased no matter what or just anomalous bad experiences.

Looking forward to taking my daughter for her 16th birthday. :)

Thanks for a great site!

JGK

I wouldn't worry about negative reviews. We stayed there Christmas 2009 and were very happy with the hotel. The lobby inpressed our 12 yr old son and 15 year old daughter and the location is terrific. the only downside was the view from the room-I don't believe anybody gets much of a view but with Priceline I would be surprised to see much more than the next building.

Congrats on your success.

As I've noted with tripadvisor reviews before (especially in major cities), keep in mind that many reviews are by those who paid full price, which in NYC is commonly 250-300+ per night. Serious issues are a concern, but otherwise, do keep in mind that expectations by price are understandably going to differ. I've stayed at PRICELINE hotels that I've loved for PRICELINE rates, but would not be crazy about at full price.

Hope you and your daughter have a fun 16th b-day stay! :)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

If your daughter (or you) like burgers i highly recommend this place which is just a short walk from the hotel:

Jackson Hole Wyoming

521 3rd Avenue

New York, NY 10016

(NOTE: stick with the burgers :) )

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

As far as the hotel goes... this is a good property with an excellent location. It's a BIG business hotel so don't expect personalized service of being greeted by name when you walk in the door, but it's a solid hotel, imo. I've never stayed overnite, but i've seen 2-3 rooms recently and each varied in size and configuration, so that may also account for the mixed reviews... if you're not happy with the room assigned politely talk to the front desk about changing to something different. If you can get a repertoire going with the front desk person at check-in i'd try to say something to the effect of "I know the standard rooms here vary a lot in size and configuration, but we're here to celebrate my daughter's birthday, so anything you can do as far as room assignment to help make this stay as comfortable as possible for us would really be appreciated".

Have a great trip and enjoy NYC!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]