Hotwire Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beachfront) Hilton Hawaiian Vllge

ron227
By ron227,
in

Please read the comments at the top of the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST.

As well, although no Resorts have yet been reported in this area, Priceline does allow resort class bidding in this zone, so there is also always a chance that your 4* bid could be upgraded to a Resort class property.

Let us know if your thoughts about moving forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We'll be happy to supply a strategy for you to follow, but can you confirm that you understand the Marriott is not guaranteed? (just want to make sure we're on the same page so that you're not disappointed).

Also, are you familiar with and understand PRICELINE RE-BIDDING? You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the Honolulu area, do you know which they are? (hint: Ihilani is not one of them)

Let us know if you're "ok" with the above and we'll suggest a strategy as to how to proceed. Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Marriott Waikiki Beach & Spa Resort from 4/11-4/18/05. We paid $130 on Priceline. It was a wonderful deal. The beds are heavenly. I have never slept on such a comfortable bed in my life. If we could have taken the bed home we would have. They put us on the 20th floor with a partial ocean view and a beautiful view of Diamond Head. We were treated really well and would stay there again without hesitation. It was definitely worth $130.

Given your maximum bid this is how i would proceed:

Select 4* South...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $130.

Rates are little higher than usual for these dates and it may ultimately take a bit more or splitting your bid... but you can start with the above.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Look at the priceline packages function. Your biggest problem seems to be July 2 and 3. At this moment, the hotel isn't offering cheap priceline rates for those nights. If you take those nights out, you MIGHT have some success, but I'm skeptical they'll take $130. Try it, you never know, but they want about $170 on the packages feature.

BTW, for those nights, it's possible they'll upgrade you to the "resorts" Sheraton Waikiki, which seems to be about the same price.

Also, the North Waikiki zone has the 4 star Prince for much less.

If you're willing to try higher we have seen a previous acceptance at $148 after lower bids had failed... that is the figure i'd be targeting given your current rejections.

Of course the North zone may be an option as well.

Keep us updated as to your thoughts and/or progress.

Yes, based on what's showing on priceline vacations, I'd bet that $148 rate is what they want for the Marriott for those nights BEFORE July 2 and 3.

It's a little pricey to me, but if you want the Marriott . . . .

Regardless, take out those last 2 nights and start lower, like in the $120s. See if you get a counteroffer.

I took the weekend out and entered jun 26 - jul 1.

4* in waikiki south

bid $135 - rejected - added executive

bid $148 - rejected - added airport

bid $160 - rejected

I thought 148 would work, i guess not. anyone else trying to get the marriott?

Rates have gone up since you first posted and we first looked... i think the $148 would only now be successful on the first 2 nites of your stay.

Have you looked at HOTWIRE... there are quite a few hotels at prices less than you already have bid (especially if you use a $10 off coupon)

RATING: 4*

ZONE: Waikiki Beachfront Hotel

AMENITIES:

Resort

Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged.

Beachfront

Property is located on the beach.

Restaurant(s)

At least one restaurant is located on the premises. Restaurant hours may vary.

Pool(s)

Property features at least one pool area. (Note: This amenity offering may be seasonal. Please check hours/availability directly with the property.)

Fitness Center

Exercise equipment is available for guest use. An additional fee may apply.

Spa Services

A spa facility or spa services are available for guests.

Children's Activity Program

Property offers supervised programs, events or activities for younger guests. (There may be an extra charge for participation.)

Golf Nearby

Golf course(s) are within walking distance or a short drive from the property.

Tennis Nearby

Tennis court(s) are within walking distance or a short drive from the property.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment/services.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]