By paulsblake,
in

Unsuccessful bidding for 5/27 thus far;

$70 Seattle (downtown)

$75 added UW

$80 added Lake U

$85 added Bellevue

$90 added Bothell

Wondering if perhaps I should drop my expectations down to a 3.5*, as it seem Seattle is a little pricey. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

It may only take another $10 to be successful for a 4* in this area.

If you lower to 3*, it has often been said that HOTWIRE may become a better option if location is important to you. All of the known priceline 4 star hotels in the downtown zone have a good location of being near "Pike's Place Market", however, once you get into the 3* category some of the hotels are near the Space Needle area (somewhat less of a desirable zone).

HOTWIRE divides the downtown area into two different zone (Pike Place Area and Space Needle Area) so at the less than 4* rating Hotwire often becomes a better option for many users.

Let us know how you want to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Want to know if Rates Drop?? Get alerts at RateDrop.com

Continued down the same path;

$95 added Airport (was offered a chance to rebid without changes for add'll $22, and refused)

$100 adding Bothell for a victory

4* Seattle Sheraton Hotel for the 27th.

I never really felt Hotwire was offering a 4* for less than $100. Also realized I couldn't turn back to a 3* without waiting the 72 hours, as I'd already bid on other zones containing 3* hotels. Now - I'm still looking for the 29th in Seattle. Keep ya'all posted!

Thanks,

Paul

Looks like it was only another $10 that it needed.... glad you were successful.

Once you're read to post for the nite of the 5/29 (either needing help or a successful win) please start a NEW TOPIC since it's for different dates than the one posted here in this thread.

Enjoy your stay (and as i always recommend to Seattle visitors looking for value, check out the Early Bird Half Price Lounge Menu at Brasa.... excellent!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Want to know if Rates Drop?? Get alerts at RateDrop.com

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
5% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: BBAPR21

(Express Hotels or PrePaid Hotels / 3+ stars / 2+ nites / max $50 discount... expires 04/30/2021)
OR
$20 OFF

HOTWIRE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: HWSPRING20

(Hot Rate Hotels or Cars / $200+ purchase... expires 04/25/2021)
OR
$10 OFF

HOTWIRE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: HWSPRING10

(Hot Rate Hotels or Cars / $100+ purchase... expires 04/25/2021)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]