MA Boston Hilton Dedham

footloose
By footloose,
in

This Hilton property is located just off Hwy 95 on Boston's southwest side. One block from the hotel is a train station where you can hop on a commuter train to downtown Boston. Our stay was for two weeknights in April, 2005. We asked for and received non-smoking, 2 bedded rooms. The lovely pool and hot tub provided a few hours of entertainment and relaxation after hours of walking city streets. The fitness room had a great variety of equipment. This was a very nice 3* hotel for our $55 winning bid. Plenty of free on-site parking, too.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, footloose's review said it all just right. I must have been at this hotel at nearly the same time and was also impressed - nice rooms, convenient to the expressway and the train station, and free parking: very important in the Boston area. I will only add that the front desk people had no Priceline attitude and were happy to move me to a different room after I found the first one a little too close to a very noisy family.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

We've recently stayed at all 3 of the 3 star hotels in the Needham/Dedham area so I thought I'd give our impressions:

Hilton Dedham: Agree with the other reviewers, very nice lobby, rooms are very clean and well furnished with nice upscale soaps and toiletries. I would rate this at 3 1/2 stars, not 3.

Needham Sheraton: Just a notch below the Hilton, rooms not quite as nicely furnished and not quite as recently updated. 3 stars.

Holiday Inn Dedham: What a dump! Dirty lobby, dirty rooms, the entire hotel stinks of smoke! You can't escape the smell. The rooms have adequate beds but are distinctly less nice than the Hilton or Sheraton. There is no hotel restaurant, but the chinese restaurant next door is excellent. Our son has asthma and we had to leave and were out our money because of course you don't get refunds on priceline. This is not a 3 star hotel. 2 stars at best.

In sum, I'd say if you get the Hilton or Sheraton you're getting a great deal. If you get the Holiday Inn you're not getting anywhere near a 3 star hotel. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]