Priceline Hotel: 4* Brussels (Airport) Crowne Plaza

TBQ
By TBQ,
in

Overall cost is a few cents over USD 85 after tax/PL service charge

Earlier bids of USD 70 and USD 72 were not accepted.

From reading reviews on different boards, the hotel seems to be in good physical shape. The main notes of concern are limited food options and (most importantly) the compromised airport shuttle situation on weekends - they run a shuttle from 06:00 to 22:00 on weekdays. however on weekends. they have some kind of "on-call" shuttle which implies that it is one ride only to be picked up and one ride when departing. In other words, if you want to go back to the airport to catch the train into the center city, you would have to pay a taxi fare of about

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Not sure if 'on call' means something different outside of the US then it does inside the US, but my interpretation of on-call means that the shuttle doesn't run on a set schedule, but rather you need to need call the hotel (either from your room or from the airport) when you want service. This would be done at times when their is low demand for the shuttle service and therefore they hotel only needs to do runs when a passenger is ready to leave or is waiting to get picked-up... preventing them from making multiple trips to/from without passengers.

EDIT TO ADD: just found this... they don't call it 'on call' (which i'd still interpret to mean what i posted above) but from the hotel website:

Shuttle Bus Service Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport: from Monday to Friday: every 20 mins between 6Am and 10.40PM. During weekends (SAT-SUN) and Belgian bank holidays,the hotel provides private shuttle service on check in and chek out day. For this service, please contact the reception...
I'm guessing that the hotel doesn't operate their shuttle at all on the weekends, but has contracted with a local taxi company to provide this service (at the hotel's expense) to accommodate passengers who are arriving and departing on the weekend.

Let us know what you find out from the hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]