Hotwire Hotel: 3 People NYC - Help Please

hado
By hado,
in

Can you please help to ID the Hotel below.

Be kind this is my first post.

Taking the family to NYC and LA in May on a holiday from Sydney Australia.

Please help to ID.

Using the HOTWIRE link on this site I located the Hotel below:-

4 Star Times Square - Theatre District area Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

100% rating

$266.00 per night but this is based on two adults and 1 child (14 years).

5/7/11 - 5/11/11

Thanks for your help.

Col

Please do let us know if you have any questions. I generally recommend to stay in one of the areas surrounding Times Square; while TS is worth visiting, it's a hectic, busy area and I think it's a little more comfortable to say in one of the nearby areas (such as Midtown East or Midtown Central) instead. These areas have a lot to offer (and while TS is worth visiting, there is so much to see throughout all of NYC), are a bit less high-traffic and are still a reasonable trek to TS.

One example stop that I think is really worth seeing is the Intrepid Museum, which is a redone aircraft carrier sitting in the Hudson River that has been turned into a museum. Standing on the deck of the carrier with an assortment of jets is a pretty remarkable experience, and there are some great views of the nearby area. http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hey thanks for the info on Midtown East or Midtown Central. A local travel agent suggested somewhere near Times Square. I still have plenty of time to decide (Ihope so). I will do some research on the two areas you mentioned. The Intrepid Museum sounds great and has been added to my list. We are in New York for 4 nights before heading over to the west coast. This is our first ever visit outside of Australia, so to say we are excited would be a gross understatement.

I will keep this post updated with my travel plans and will make a booking via this website. If you have any other suggestions please keep them coming. Im always open to new ideas.

Take care mate.

Col

Based on your feedback I have been looking at a few hotels around Midtown East.

Can you please help to ID the Hotel below.

Midtown East 3.5 star rating.

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

85% Hotwire Rating & 3.5 out of 5 from Trip Advisor.

$194 per night but this is based on two adults and 1 child (14 years).

Stay period 5/7/11 - 5/11/11

Thanks for your help.

The amenities above match multiple hotels with the Roosevelt Hotel, Doubletree Metropolitan and Hilton Manhattan East having been seen with this amenity combination in the past, so any of these would be my best guess for this one.

Note that the Hilton Manhattan East, while not a bad location, is a bit far east and slightly out of the way... won't spoil your vacation, but not the most convenient location either.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have two adults and one child (14 years) visiting NYC in May 2011.

I was considering booking via Priceline.

Is this recommended for a party of 3 or should I just use Hotwire?

I'm concerned the winning bid hotel may not accomodate three people.

Thanks.

Colin

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread.

HOTWIRE is generally a better choice for more than 2 people in NYC, where rooms are small and there isn't as much inventory of rooms with two beds. If you were to take the risk of using PRICELINE, one bed would be the most likely result. HOTWIRE would ensure bedding for the entire party - while that is commonly 2 beds, it may be 1 + sofabed or other combination.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hello all.

I have not come across any great deal for NYC at this stage in May 2011. I might just wait and see what happens a little closer to my travel dates. Also Im a little concerned to book a Hotel in NYC if we cant determine the Hotel chain. I might look around elsewhere to book our Hotel in NYC. Thanks for your help guys.

Col

We would be happy to suggest regular rate options - let us know a little more about what you are looking for in terms of hotel and budget. Additionally, in terms of regular rate, you could book a refundable "back-up" and then have that if no better HOTWIRE option appears between now and your trip. If a better HOTWIRE options appears, then you could cancel the back-up.

Please use the site's links in the Support/Travel section to book regular rate purchases.

I have not come across any great deal for NYC at this stage in May 2011.

Keep in mind that Spring is one of the peak hotel seasons in NYC, so you shouldn't necessarily expect to find the deals you're seeing now for Jan/Feb/March to be available in May.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or the links in our support page when available if you decide to book direct.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Morning all.

Just a follow-up on this email.

I decided to contact the Distrikt Hotel directly and they offered me a 20% discount, which I kindly accepted.

The Distrikt Hotel geats great ratings on Trip Advisor and I have booked one of the high rooms.