Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

CosmicGirl
By CosmicGirl,
in

As promised, I'm back with an update on our trip. After the PRICELINE win for the Intercontinental Barclay from 2/11/2011 to 2/15/2011, I just booked the Grand Hyatt NY through the same PRICELINE link for $105 per night + tax from 2/15/2011 to 2/19/11, leading to a total of $520 including taxes.

I was actually hoping to get the W NY deal that seems to have been going around for these dates, so I started bidding at $85, as suggested by another board member in the W thread. I added areas I was interested in (MTE, TS and ESB) and areas without 4* star properties, but ran out of tries on the first go. A day later I tried again, starting at $96 for MTE. I got a counter-offer for $118 but I declined. At $105 I had listed MTE, ESB and 2 or 3 areas without a 4*. This lead to the Grand Hyatt win, which I'm quite pleased with! The Hyatt website allows me to view the reservation using the Priceline confirmation number and it shows a queen room.

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]