Priceline Hotel: Help with trip to DC

nursedawn
By nursedawn,
in

We are planning a trip to DC March 14th thru 17th 2011. A 4* in Dupont Circle is where we want to stay. There are 3 of us, including our 16 year old daughter. I don't have a problem bringing a sleeping bag or asking for a rollaway if we only get 1 bed. I've never bid on anything before and I'm hoping you guys can help me be successful. Would like to keep price below $125/nite. Thanks in advance. Great forum here btw...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To begin, note that while you may not mind doing whatever you need to do in order to make the room work for the three of you, there is still some risk involved, as the hotel could have an issue if the rooms are only designed (by fire code) for double occupancy.

If this is a risk you're willing to take, you can try bidding as follows, although i'll add that current rates are high for your dates and i'm doubtful you'll be successful at $125 or less for a 4*.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Dupont Circle...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately i'm guessing at the moment it will likely take substantially more thank you're budget... probably in excess of $200+.

I would look at the best rates you're able to find elsewhere so that you have a realistic budget in mind, and then also consider including other nearby zones in your bids which may also work for your needs (such as White House-Downtown??, Convention Center-Capitol Hill??)... assuming that too is rejected consider lowering your minimum star rating as well.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello:

Also check out Hotwire.

I recently won a bid on priceline for a 3.5* hotel in Dupont Circle area in April. I had tried for 2 weeks almost every day changing pricing, star level and areas and no luck. But on a Monday afternoon, I bid again - at a lower price than my several of my bids and somehow got it. So you just never know. But after winning my bid at priceline, I was fishing around for a possible hotel for my parents similar week on Hotwire "just to see" what prices are going for. And suddenly 4* hotels that were going for $200+ dollars had a drop in price on hotwire. You can get 4* for $97. So keep trying since prices change. Good luck!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does Priceline favor visa/mc over amex when considering bids?
An interesting question. I've never seen it asked before.

For the record, I've seen absolutely no evidence about any credit card preference. I know I've used various types pretty much randomly depending on other factors.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]