Priceline Hotel: Help with Orlando 5/18 - 5/22

Jenigal
By Jenigal,
in

There's no way to know WHAT HOTEL that is OR if there IS a hotel AVAILABLE for that matter.

It's actually kind of a mystery on BetterBidding as to what the 4* is in the Universal Zone, the Renaissance has come up before but since then it's been re-rated a Resort

so nobody really knows to be honest

the only way to find out is to bid....if you need help with bidding just give us some specifics and we'll be happy to help you...

honestly we don't know what hotel this might be but we'd like to find out!!!

Trip details - leaving TX (5/18) 5:00 pm arriving in Orlando (5/19) about 1:oo am with my husband, nine year old, and one year old. Leaving Orlando 6:00 am Sunday (5/22)

Our main interest during our stay is Universal

I don't want to move hotels too many times so I think that we will go ahead and establish an hotel once we get there and stay for 3 nights. I would really like to get the Hyatt at the airport for May 21st so we will be close for our 6 am departure.

Need bidding tips for resort or 4* (5/18-5/21) and MCO hotel (5/21 - 5/22)

THANKS

Some confusion here...........

although the Hyatt at the Orlando has appeared on priceline in the 3* Airport zone before, there's NO GUARANTEE that will be the hotel you get

if you successfully get a hotel in the airport zone, you'll be in the airport zone (close to the airport), if you're uncomfortable with being too far from the airport then maybe priceline isn't the right plan for you

although I would suggest there's ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to get a separte hotel the last night JUST to be close to the airport, the Universal area isn't terribly far from the airport or any other area of Orlando for that matter

now you can check my most recent post about 4* in Universal, nobody really knows what the 4* is in the Universal area or if it's available for that matter, the Renaissance used to be that hotel but it has since been re-rated a Resort

so most likely you'll have to get a Resort...........most of the time it's the JW Marriott, although it could be the Renaissance as wel

I suggest you bid $115 for the Resort level in the Universal zone of Orlando for 5/18---5/22

Let us know what your plans are after hearing this advice please

To begin, Priceline will only guarantee double occupancy... having quad occupancy is usually not a problem in this area, but something to make you aware of nonetheless to make sure you're comfortable doing so.

HOTWIRE will allow you to search for quad occupancy so that may be an option for you as well, however, not all hotels are under contract to accept quad occupancy so searching for 4 occupants sometimes can limit the hotels shown.

If you're comfortable going for quad occupancy you may also want to consider the 4.5* hotel on HOTWIRE for $89/nite which is believed to be the Peabody; however, this hotel only shows up when searching for 2 adults (and not when searching for 2 adults and 2 children).

If you want to try priceline, how high are you willing to bid for a Resort? How high are you willing to bid for a 4*?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

WOW, thanks for the info. I've used priceline many times and never thought about an issue with quad occupancy (just assuming that the other 2 were children). Thanks for the heads up!

I was wanting to stay @ $100/nite (I could go to 115, if needed).

I noticed many more options for resort hotels in the WDW area...I wouldn't mind staying there, if it wasn't too far.

I'm pretty set on staying at a MCO hotel on 5/21. I am not a morning person, plus depending upon a shuttle to the airport, it will save me a day on my rental car.

I wouldn't mind staying there, if it wasn't too far.
If you bid the zone you have to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded region... is that close enough for you?

What your thoughts about what we believe is the Peabody mentioned above thru HOTWIRE? (is that not what you're looking for? seems to be within your budget and in your prefered zone)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]