Priceline Hotel: 4* Singapore (Riverside) Holiday Inn Atrium

mrsleon
By mrsleon,
in

First try for priceline Singapore

5* $95 ++ (all areas) = fail

4* $67 ++ (all areas) = fail

Husband does not want to change hotels during stay... so I don't want to try and make two bids (one for thursday night and one for weekend).

My co-worker informed me of a big convention happening in town that week. Therefore, I will most definately have to go higher.

Keeping chin up and will try again later.

Winning Bid...

Singapore 4*= $86 (USD) at Holiday Inn Atrium 3/24/11-3/28/11

With taxes and charges it brings me in at just a little over my ideal $100/day ($4.10/day to be exact). This is my first try with priceline, so I hope I did O.K. Mostly, I just hope my picky husband is happy with my purchase.

I'm guessing a transit station in Singapore's SMRT transit system.

MRT stands for Mass rapid transport - yes, its the railways system in Singapore - it is a super system thats gets you to just about anywhere on the island including all major tourist attractions in SG in a matter of minutes....

MRT stands for Mass rapid transport - yes, its the railways system in Singapore - it is a super system thats gets you to just about anywhere on the island including all major tourist attractions in SG in a matter of minutes....

PPS You can match up the station names with MRT Stations shown on hotel maps. Orchard Rd is the Centre of Orchard Rd the Main shopping district, City Hall, Clarke Quay........

http://www.smrt.com.sg/trains/network_map.asp

It seems that 5 star is a little difficult to get in March........Has anyone noticed the 3 star Merchant Court - It really is quite a reasonable 4 star - I stayed there about 10 years ago -right on Clarke Quay MRT - location P/L Riverside only 3 star hotel in this location - great hotel for kids with fab pool and slide - great location- rooms are ok - not stunning however close to supermarkets, Brewerkz Boutique Beer eatery - popular and reasonably priced and location is right next to Chinatown...... I think the best price on sale I have seen it for is $AUD 172 - generally about $AUD 210 plus taxes 17.5% - pretty good if you could get it at a reasonable price........worth checking on TA

agree, tried again for 3/6-8 failed again...

I had the same problem as you for early March - kept trying but couldn't jag anything 5 star midweek Town Hall/ Orchard areas at $US110 - $112. Scared to try 4 str Orchard as I don't like the Orchard Parade Hotel. I won part stay - weekend at Hilton Orchard $US101 plus costs taxes etc. all up came to $US125. No its not cheap so got Grand Park City Hall on a deal with full buffet breakfasts at $162 AUD inclusive of 17.5% taxes.- Its not the Conrad but a great location and not too bad rooms - staff & service get pretty good wraps...........Have you had a look at the qantas website hotels? They were doing some great deals with club lounge all day access and free room upgrades at some hotels - Carlton - GPCH - until March 31. readyrooms.com provides the rooms on the qantas website - I think that their own website is a bit clearer and offers the same deals however with Qantas you don't have to pay straight away wheras readyrooms.com you pay as soon as you book.

there is a HOTWIRE 4* hotel shows $111 now , guess is Holiday Inn Atrium , but still expensive to me :) will wait and try bidding again.

I think prices in SG have gone up since your last win. Several people have won the 5* Conrad at about $107 plus costs a while back. I think Mrs leon got a pretty good deal at $86 plus for the Holiday Inn Atrium........

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]