Priceline Hotel: Chicago Thu July 14th-Mon July 18th

Vegas001
By Vegas001,
in

Looking to possibly go to Chicago Sunday March 27th-Tuesday March 29th, 2 nights. All depends if I can get a good seat sale.

The WWE Monday Night Raw event is happening Monday March 28th and I might like to attend, it is at the Allstate Arena.

Where would be best to stay is what I am wondering seen as I have not been there before.

Looking at about $100 a night at the most. If possible.

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Boston thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread and we'll comment on your stay above.

When will you know if you'll be able to get affordable airline tix?

I had to cancel the Boston trip that I was going to go on this month due to a death in the family.

I am planning on Chicago for either March 27th-29th or July 17th-19th.

I will know over the next week if there are any seat sales with Porter Airlines here in Toronto. So I just wanted to find out about the hotel in advance.

They had a seatsale on last week, but the WWE event was not announced until yesterday. So Porter should have another round of seat sales in another week.

Vegas001

I am planning on Chicago for either March 27th-29th or July 17th-19th.

I will know over the next week if there are any seat sales with Porter Airlines here in Toronto. So I just wanted to find out about the hotel in advance.

The board would be happy to help you. But are you willing to lock-in a non-refundable reservation when you don't have your flight ready? Everything changes very fast so i would say it's better to deal with this when you have firm dates.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

The hotel(s) offered now may not be the same hotels offered once you're ready to commit... or you may not be able to commit to either day, so please wait until your plans are firm and we'll have a look at what is offered at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would wait to confirm flights first, but I will note the issue with this stay is that the Allstate is out by O'Hare. I wouldn't recommend staying downtown. If you were flying into O'Hare and are primarily coming to Chicago because of the event, I'd suggest staying out there (which is often cheaper, although it varies.) The CTA trip from O'Hare to the city is about 50-60 minutes, so if you stayed downtown, you'd have to be going back and forth.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks all for the advice. The tickets go on sale Sat Feb 5th, the seat sales should be close to then and then I can see what the cost will be. I may fly out of Buffalo if the difference in airfare is big. I will check back with more info when the sales happen. As for staying out near O Hare, if I fly Air Canada that is where they fly into, Porter Airlines flies into Midway and if I fly out of Buffalo, Southwest does as well. I would check out the city on Sunday so taking the subway would be fine for me to go downtown for the day. Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

The seat sales were not too good for March it seemed with Air Canada and Porter Airlines. Return was $450-$500. Kept waiting for better ones but when the better seat sale was available with Porter Airlines, they have a new 21 day booking policy in place. It was 14 days til the trip date. So I changed dates and decided I will go to chicago for the WWE July Pay Per View on Sunday July 17th. Gives me sufficient time to book the flight when the summer seat sales come out in April/May.

I changed dates from March to July due to the airfare costs. The WWE is having thier July Pay Per View in Chicago so I am looking at that weekend, Sunday July 17th. I figure I will stay downtown from Thu-Sun and then stay up at O'Hare for Sun night seen as the event is at the Allstate Arena and makes it easier to just go to the airport and fly home to Toronto on Monday.

I was possibly looking at Sunday July 17th-Thu July 21st as an alternative time frame IF the accomodations are quite high staying downtown for the weekend.

Thanks guys for the advice.

At the moment i'm not seeing too much difference with either set of dates and i think you'll likely be able to get something within your $125 budget.

Please continue this thread once you have airfare committed and your dates are firm.

Good luck with the airline tickets... it's usually my least favorite part of booking/planning my trips as the prices can be so volatile.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The airfare is always the tricky part. When the seat sales come around by the end of April/beginning of May I will play around with dates to see what is best. I would prefer to be in Chicago for the weekend being I am going solo, instead of during the week. I'll do a 2* or 3* for the stay. 4* is a bit out of my budget range.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know in this thread when you reschedule. I will note that Chicago - with more pleasant weather in September/most of October - can be expensive, with conventions/etc. There are also a few significant events (the Chicago Marathon is usually around 10/12.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]