Hotwire Hotel: Help ID: Chicago Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

saldridge
By saldridge,
in

Good morning!!

I am planning a trip to Chicago - and as usual, I am counting on you guys and gals.

I am looking at 2 different hotels and would generally like the Streeterville location. The two choices are:

3* Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area Hotel

$76 - 85% recommended

Fitness, Business Center, High Speed Internet

4* Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area Hotel

$106 - 90% recommended

Bed Choice, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet

Or should I wait a little longer?

Thanks a lot!

Susanne

Good morning! :)

I was concerned that the Housewares Show was going on during at least part of this time, but it wraps a couple of days prior.

My thought regarding the 4* for $106 on HOTWIRE - which could be the Hard Rock, Westin River North, Sheraton or Hyatt - is that the new Kimpton property the Palomar is $118 on sale via Expedia, and coupon code FROST11 takes another $10 off per night. For an extra $2 over the HOTWIRE listing, you get a newer (opened last Spring) property in a great location, and that's #3 in Chicago on Tripadvisor. Plus, the free wine reception at night offered at Kimpton properties.

The 3* could possibly be the Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express Cass or the Inn of Chicago, but I'd guess the last one is probably the most likely.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Aaron!

Sorry for the late reply, we are planning this trip with another couple who need to find a willing babysitter for 3 (!!) kids first :-)

So, I checked again, and the Palomar is still available and it looks like a great option, especially considering it has free Wifi from what I understand and woohoo, wine reception to "pre-load", LOL.

The Westin/Hard Rock/Hyatt option on Hotwire has been replaced by a new option. Now we have a:

Streeterville

4* for $109, Hotwire recommended 80%

Amenities: Boutique, Smoke Free, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet

Loop

4* for $106, Hotwire recommended 85%

Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet

Any ideas? Would you still consider the Palomar the better option?

Do you think the Westin/Hard Rock/Hyatt option would come back? If you had to guess? I mean, we are still over a month out!

Somehow, I liked the location of those, I like to be by the river because that has easy access to the Loop and the Streeterville area.

Plus a view of the river would be absolutely awesome since it is the green river weekend :-)

Thanks for your help

Susanne

Please post back once your plans are firm and you're able to move forward with a non-refundable purchase, as the hotels above may not be the ones offered once you're able to commit to a purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click this HOTWIRE link before replying and use for future searches as well)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I believe we are firm right now...I was firm when I initially posted this but if you travel in a group, there may always be someone who needs to make some arrangements.

I apologize for causing extra work, didn't mean to!

In the mean time, I managed to find a deal for the Hotel Palomar for $99 and I am pretty sure we'll move forward on this!

• 1 month later...

Just an update - we did go to the Palomar and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The location is wonderful, probably the best out of all the places we stayed at in Chicago (The Drake, Hard Rock Hotel, Palmer House). The Drake is too far north, the Palmer too far south. The Hard Rock is also OK and does have a view of the river, but this is just the "walking distance paradise".

Thanks for the recommendation Aaron, I will gladly go back to the Palomar any day!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]