Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Lake Buena -Downtown Disney) Sheraton Vistana Resort

BiddingNewbie
By BiddingNewbie,
in

Hi - After 3 successful hotel bookings on Hotwire, I am considering trying my hand at Priceline for the first time. Having never done this before, I find it somewhat intimidating. I would like to book a five night stay in May in Orlando - Lake Buena Vista area - really would love the Hilton Bonnet Creek (though I'd be happy with any 4 star) but when I look at the priceline areas and select Lake Buena Vista it does not indicate that there are any four star hotels in the area - the star ratings start at 3 & 1/2. I also notice on the priceline Florida hotel list that the stars are not listed for the "four star" hotels like Hilton Bonnet Creek, Swan, Dolphin etc. So how does this work?? How does one bid for a four star hotel in the Lake Buena Vista area - or is there no way to do that really? Thanks for any help!

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE do rate some properties differently (a 4* on HOTWIRE may be a 3.5* on PRICELINE and vice versa, etc). There are no 4*'s in this zone; the ratings of properties that have been reported in this zone can be found at this Priceline Hotel List.

Let us know you'd like to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I started bidding yesterday for Resorts in the Lake Buena Vista/Orlando area. So far no success. I started with the dates May 16-20 and a starting bid of around $50. I added areas that do not show that they have resorts and continued bidding until I reached $85. I don't really want to go higher than that right now and am considering changing my dates. Thanks for any advice!

I started bidding yesterday for Resorts in the Lake Buena Vista/Orlando area. So far no success. I started with the dates May 16-20 and a starting bid of around $50. I added areas that do not show that they have resorts and continued bidding until I reached $85. I don't really want to go higher than that right now and am considering changing my dates. Thanks for any advice!

I am also seeing 4 stars in Lake Buena Vista on hotwire for $76- wondering if I should just do that!

Rates are a bit high for these dates, but it's also possible that it's a little early for hotels to be discount rates too deeply. If your plans are flexible you can try a different set of dates, but i wouldn't try too many different variations since it may just be early.

HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the Sheraton Vistanta for $76/nite, even less than you have already bid, if this is of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just did a little investigating on the Sheraton Vistiana and really am happy to pay less. Sure enough that was it - so I got the Sheraton Vistiana Resort May 16-20th through hotwire for $76/night with taxes total $351 for 4 nights. But I apologize - I completely forgot to start my booking through the better bidding.

Thanks for the tip - I think we will be very happy with this resort.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad we were helpful with your purchase and you're happy with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please try to remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Should I assume you got the 482 sqf villa (the smallest) for this price?

This stay isn't until May 2011 so it hasn't take place yet. :)

If you need help with your own upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

This stay isn't until May 2011 so it hasn't take place yet. :)

That I understood :)

But I guess one doesn't need to travel first before knowing if the reservation is for a studio, 1 bdrm or 2 bdrms. I am interested in the same property in the same time range (May 15 - May 23) and was curious what exactly I should expect to get for this rate.

I was wondering that myself - it doesn't say on my reservation so I am assuming that this is the smallest villa. I will have at least 2 people but maybe 3. But I do plan on sending in a room request to the hotel before I leave. Who knows if they had room there might be a possibility of an upgrade but I am not counting on it.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservation confirmations don't provide a room type as many are booked as "run of house" which means it will be assigned based upon what is available at check-in... although internally the hotel may have already assigned a room type (which is usually a 'standard' room at the property... although upgrades can occur at check-in)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]