Priceline Hotel: Need help - 4* San Diego in Gaslamp

huang
By huang,
in

Hi, I am looking to get a hotel room in the gaslamp area for the night of 2/19/2011. I know that on priceline if I choose downtown/harbor island it's not guaranteed that I can get a hotel right in gaslamp. Is there a tip?

I also checked hotwire and there is a 4* hotel in gaslamp that's $114 /night. Anyway you can identify which hotel this one might be?

Also we have 4 people. Do most of the hotels in the area have two double bed rooms?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

With PRICELINE, if one bids on a particular zone, the potential winning zone can be anywhere within the zone; unfortunately, there's no way to isolate a particular area or neighborhood of a zone.

In terms of two beds, PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy. If you search for four people in the room on HOTWIRE, you are ensured of bedding for the group - although while that is commonly two beds, it may be some other combination (1 + sofabed, etc.) In both cases, one should contact the hotel to make a request after booking; requests may not be able to be filled, based upon policy and/or availability.

In terms of the HOTWIRE listing, please let us know the amenity icons showing with the listing and zone.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

In terms of the HOTWIRE listing, please let us know the amenity icons showing with the listing and zone.

... and please confirm if you're including 4adults in your search, as that may turn up different properties vs. if you're only search for double occupancy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I searched the hotels on HOTWIRE only putting 2 adults. Does that mean if I have more than 2 people this hotel will not be able to accommodate and give us a double bed room?

The hotel I saw on HOTWIRE is in Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center area hotel- Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

Thank you!

If you are a party of four in one room, then it's best to search for the amount of people in your party - and that may bring up different prices/properties. If you search for two, two beds would be unlikely. If you indicate four, then you are ensured of bedding (which, while commonly two beds, could be 1 + sofabed or other combination) for your party.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

huang,

Please read your messages

If you search HOTWIRE for 4 adults does the same property and price appear? If not, is the 4* offering in the Gaslamp Quarter zone within your budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I tried both combinations you mentioned on HOTWIRE but got the same result.

Just out of curiosity-- has anyone tried bidding for 5* in downtown on PRICELINE? The only option i can think of would be the US Grant. Wondering what price range would be accepted...

It seems that it's difficult to get a deal from these sites for party of 4. I might have to just book with the regular price...

PRICELINE only guarantees a room for two adults, that could mean one bed only. So when comparing apples-to-apples this isn't better than the HOTWIRE option :)

Please check and use our links (if possible) in the support page for your hotel direct purchases.

Let us know how you want to proced.

Yellowdog.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]