Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) Inn of Chicago

shadowspar
By shadowspar,
in

Listed Amenities: Fitness Center, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

85% Hotwire recommendation rate; searching for 1 Adult.

Hoping that I don't regret being talked out of the $106 4* and 3.5* listings that were cropping up. We're trying to keep costs as low as reasonably possible while still being close to venue for our conference.

Just as a heads-up for folks travelling to this area within the same dates - , the conference in question (Drupalcon) runs the week of 7 March, and has sold out the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers (600 rooms) for the Sunday and Monday. I imagine the rest of the week will follow, and that we're seeing some spillover into surrounding hotels already. We could see 3000-4000 attendees.

Thanks for providing this resource -- this is my first post & my first Hotwire booking, and I don't think I would have ventured it without the tools and advice here at betterbidding. =)

While the reviews of this property have been a bit mixed, it's certainly well-located, and is only about a 3-5 minute walk to the Sheraton.

I'll also recommend Fox and Obel Cafe and Market on the corner of Illinois and McClurg - that's about 2 blocks East of the Sheraton. There are plenty of other restaurants in the area, as well - let me know if you have any questions.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the late update. The Inn of Chicago was decent, well-located, had a great little tea shop right across the street that became our base of operations while in Chicago. There were a few minor nits you could pick (small elevators, a missing tile in the bathroom, ...) but overall the place was a pretty good value for what we paid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]