Priceline Hotel: Super Bowl in Vegas

gojays_1
By gojays_1,
in

We are thinking of staying in Vegas on the strip for the Super Bowl weekend. We'd like to stay for either two or three nights. Feb. 5, 2011 would be check in date. We can get a cheaper flight if we stay three nights; not sure if that makes a difference.

No preference as to where on the strip but we'd like a 4* or better.

Any advice on where to start bidding would be appreciated. I'd really like to see comments from anyone who has stayed there for the Super Bowl and especially from someone who got it through PRICELINE.

Thanks in advance.

You may have a shot near the top of your range, but you're actually better searching for 3 nites vs. 2 nites... the last 2 nites are significantly less expensive then the Saturday nite and therefore adding two 'cheap' nites brings the average cost down vs. only including one inexpensive nite.

Once you're ready to bid and your plans are firm, let us know your maximum bid (and if different for 2 nites vs. 3 nites please indicate maximum bid for each) and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. That's interesting about the third night bringing the average cost down. I didn't realize that was how it worked on priceline.

It is significantly cheaper for the 2nd and 3rd nights as I checked on Expedia. It also saves us money on the flight.

Once we are firm with a price that we can live with I will reply again.

We still have not firmed up our plans. But one other question: Will we get a better rate if we wait til the 'last minute'? Ie. start bidding a week before as opposed to two weeks? I guess the theory is that if there are rooms still available, even during Sujper Bowl weekend, the hotels on Priceline might be willing to sell them to us at a lower rate rather than having an empty room. Is that correct?

Thanks again.

• 11 months later...

First Post!

Alight guys, so looking at these two posts here:

Superbowl Winning Priceline Bid #1

Superbowl Winning Priceline Bid #2

I set my bid at 4 stars and the vicinity to Las Vegas (Strip South) and bid $100

I didn't win! I thought I was going to get a room but no dice. I dont want to change my vicinity or the dates so I'm stuck waiting the 24 hours to bid again. I thought for sure I was going to get a winning bid based on those two previous posts but no good.

Any tips on what I should go up to? My max is 120 and the dates I'm staying are 2/4-2/6. This is the first bid I do not win and have had good luck in previous attempts, kinda bummed. Let me know what you guys think! And yes I used your PRICELINE link because this is a great website.

You actually have several more bids possible. The last FAQ up above describes free rebidding. A tricky concept, and it can be dangerous if you don't quite know what you are doing. But really effective. After you've reviewed it, it would be a good idea to post back with your understanding before actually bidding further. Somebody will double-check it for you.

Romelle

calpolycrew,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here is the thread on re-bidding: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (as noted, if you're new to the concept, it's highly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board. HINT: at the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones... and Summerlin is not one of them)

For help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]