Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Santa Monica-MDR) Marina International Hotel

Eric Guo
By Eric Guo,
in

We'll need to book 4 rooms from Feb 20 to Feb22 and 3 rooms on Feb 22-23. We will go to Santa Monica, Hollwood and UCLA. Thus, I guess Westwood/Santa Monica/BH area should be the one that I'm looking for.

My offer $63 for 2.5* was denied. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me a strategy. My budget would be no more than $80 per night. Thanks.

...I guess Westwood/Santa Monica/BH area should be the one that I'm looking for.

These are three different zones on PRICELINE... did you include all of these in your $63 rejected bid at the 2.5* level?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please read your messages.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried Santa Monica 3* with 76 at first, rejected. I then modified it to 2.5*, dropped my bid to 63 and added Westwood and Beverly Hill zones. Still no luck.

This is where I'm now, offer to bid 63 for 2.5*, Santa Monica & Marina Del Rey, Brentwood - Westwood, Beverly Hills - West Hollywood is rejected.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please read your messages.
2x

Rates are very high for these dates and based upon current prices i'm doubtful you'll be successful at $80 or less, but if you want to give a try i'd use the following strategy:

There are no re-bid zones at the 2.5* level in this area.

Select 2.5* BH-WH...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Westwood...

Select 2.5* Santa Monica...

Select 2.5* BH-WH and Westwood...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* BH-WH and Santa Monica...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* BH-WH and Westwood and Santa Monica...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good Luck. I have tried same days 3* and 4* up to 160.00 with no luck. happens to be NBA All Star weekend in Hollywood. I booked a hotel with cancellation privileges for safety and will continue to bid up to price I paid. I tried all areas listed and even full price are hard to find for that weekend. Best Western wants 525 per night!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]