Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Delta Chelsea

ftung
By ftung,
in

I've found room for DC, Boston, Philly on PL and Hotwire using the links on here the past few week. It's now down to Toronto. I checked Calendar of Wins on these dates for 2010 and found some amazing deals last year in April.

4/05/10 - 3.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Delta Chelsea - $56

4/05/10 - 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Inter-Continental Centre - $84

4/06/10 - 3.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Delta Chelsea - $56

4/07/10 - 3.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Delta Chelsea - $56

4/09/10 - 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Hilton Toronto - $76

4/10/10 - 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Hilton Toronto - $76

4/16/10 - 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Hyatt Regency - $70

4/17/10 - 3.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Delta Chelsea - $55

4/17/10 - 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Sheraton - $80

4/17/10 - 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Sheraton Centre - $69

There is currently a listing on Hotwire 3.5* for $98. Believe this is Delta Chelsea. All the 4* are now well over $100. Do you guys think prices would come down to these levels in the next couple of months? Know of any big events or conventions in Early April?

I see a couple of conferences at the Toronto convention center - unfortunately it doesn't say how big they are. Rates across the board in many areas were up a bit in 2010 year/over/year versus 2009, and may be up again slightly this year. Still, looking at regular rates, they really don't seem bad, so my guess in terms of HOTWIRE rates is that you may be a bit early.

I do recommend starting to try (have you already tried some bids?) at low rates to see if you could get something locked in at low rates. However, I wouldn't bid too high yet, keeping a ceiling on the bid and moving up the ceiling as you get closer.

What would be your desired max budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have already started bidding on PRICELINE up to $85 for 3.5*. But really would like to stay below $80.

We would be traveling by coach from Niagara Falls to Toronto. Must say I do like the location of Delta Chelsea, just a few hundred metres from the bus terminal. However it has mix reviews on Tripadvisor and PL. But seeing how low the rates were in April 2010, I am a little reluctant to bid any higher. Given this is the last hotel booking I need to make for this US/Canada trip, I may just be patient and wait a little bit before bidding again.

Actually on Delta Chelsea's site advance non-refundable booking is CAD$114. So the $98 price on HOTWIRE really isn't that great.

Still nearly 3 months 'til your stay so you can afford to be patient... perhaps find a fully refundable reservation to protect yourself from rates rising while you continue to hope for lower prices.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of help as you continue to pursue a hotel for this stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help identifying the Hotwire 4* Downtown Toronto East hotel for $121 on 4/8 with these amenities:

smoke free, fitness centre, pool, restaurant, business centre, high speed internet, spa and has a 95% Hotwire rating.

The amenities fit either the Le Royal Meridien or Westin Harbour. But neither has a rating that high.

Need help identifying the Hotwire 4* Downtown Toronto East hotel for $121 on 4/8 with these amenities:

smoke free, fitness centre, pool, restaurant, business centre, high speed internet, spa and has a 95% Hotwire rating.

The amenities fit either the Le Royal Meridien or Westin Harbour. But neither has a rating that high.

With over three months till you need the rooms, I would definitely try to be patient as you can usually find the Delta Chelsea for less then what you are bidding on right now.

But really would like to stay below $80.
Need help identifying the Hotwire 4* Downtown Toronto East hotel for $121...

Are you now willing to pay $121 per nite for this stay? Would you sooner try bidding on PRICELINE between your last failed bid and $120??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Having kept an eye on Hotwire Toronto rates the past few weeks. Noticed the 3.5* rate dropped from $98 to $82 a couple of days ago.

So started bidding 15mins ago and finally got the Delta Chelsea for $68. I now have all my hotels booked for the upcoming vacation. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Hotwire advertised $82 for 3.5*

3.5* Downtown Toronto North $60

3.5* Downtown Toronto North + rebid zone1 $62

3.5* Downtown Toronto North + rebid zone2 $64

3.5* Downtown Toronto North + rebid zone3 $65

3.5* Downtown Toronto North + rebid zone9 $66

3.5* Downtown Toronto North + rebid zone12 $67

3.5* Downtown Toronto North + rebid zone13 $68 - accepted

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]