Priceline Hotel: HELP! Bid Strategy for Boston?

mzjones34
By mzjones34,
in

Can you help with a bidding strategy? I'm new to priceline, and noticed that judging by this board's postings, there is an art to bidding.

Here are my specs... I'm looking for the cheapest 4* or higher hotel in boston. I'm relatively flexible in regards to the area... cambridge and back bay are my preference. I'd use hotwire or priceline, but comparing what hotwire is coming up with, compared to what i've noticed priceline is accepting, I think I might get something better on priceline.

My dates are 06/27/03-07/01/03 (4 nights).

I want a 4* or higher and don't want to pay over $75 (less if possible). $60/night would be fantastic!

Any help in strategy is much appreciated.

And thanks for the great board and resource!

Cambridge doesn't have any 4* hotels, and i think to get a hotel in the Back Bay section for under $75 is going to be tough because the rates for your dates appear to be higher than normal.

Since this is your first choice of area, i would give it a shot anyway, as follows:

4* and Back Bay zone, bid....

$55 if rejected add re-bid zone and try...

$60 if rejected add re-bid zone and try...

$65 if rejected add re-bid zone and try...

$70 if rejected add re-bid zone and try...

$75 which is your maximim.

If you're unfamiliar with re-bid zones, give this a read and ask any questions that you may have: Re-Bidding Explained

If the above fails, post back with your next zone preferences and we'll post a follow-up strategy.

If you have any questions before then, feel free to post.

If you don't have an affilaite preference, feel free to use the Priceline bidding form at SavingsBarn.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi mzjones34,

Here's one consideration to take into account as you prepare to bid:

During your dates, there is a large Unitarian Church convention at the Hynes Convention center. The two 4* hotels listed on BetterBidding (the Westin and Sheraton) are adjacent to the Hynes Center.

I also found the following on the Unitarian Universal Association site:

Special Housing Announcements

The Sheraton Boston, the Official Headquarters Hotel of the UUA General Assembly, and the Marriott Copley Place are now offering NEW lower rate structures for families and groups coming to GA. These new rates are retroactive and will be extended to all guests who have made reservations within the GA housing block. To receive these discounts, you must make the reservations directly with the hotel and notify them that you should be included in the General Assembly room block.

Boston Marriott Copley Place 110 Huntington Avenue 617-236-5800

Hilton Boston Back Bay 40 Dalton Street 617-236-1100

Omni Parker House 60 School Street 617-227-8600

Sheraton Boston 39 Dalton Street 617-236-2000

Westin Copley Place 10 Huntington Avenue 617-262-9600

At the Sheraton Boston, you can now reserve a double, a triple, or a quad hotel room for the one price of $205 per night. The price of a single room has also been lowered to $195. The Marriott is now offering a flat rate of $181.00 for singles, doubles, triples and quads. There is no longer an extra charge for additional guests (up to four) sharing a room.

There's no way to know for sure how this meeting will affect availability, but please keep that gathering in mind as you make your bids.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Source for Boston meeting schedules:

http://www.jbhynes.com/Hynes_events.asp?year=2003

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]