Priceline Hotel: Looking to book 5* in vegas 9/21/11 -9/28/11

turealg
By turealg,
in

Hi everyone! I just registered and would like to know if any of you can assist me in booking a 5* hotel for 9/21 -9/28 of 2011? I tried to follow the "tricks" of priceline bidding, but to no avail :) . I got up to a $75 bid, but it keeps kicking me out. It only allows me to bid 2 times regardless of what I change. Am I doing something wrong??? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I also used the links from other threads Ive read concerning winning bids to place my initial bids. I would really appreciate your assistance.

When I moved to Texas, people very carefully explained to me that "y'all" is singular. "All y'alls" is plural. :)

Anyway, I looked your dates up in Hotwire. South Strip 5* $158. North Strip 5* $235. :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings here.

You don't mention your maximum budget, but I'm assuming it is somewhere north of $75?

I'd suggest you look up the rates via the hotel's actual web sites. It is not unheard of for the Las Vegas hotels to have lower rates on their web sites than are available anywhere else, including Priceline bidding. Some of the links are above on the Las Vegas Checker. More are under Support/Travel Links tab above. And the ones you don't find there can usually be found with something obvious like www.bellagio.com.

There are three Priceline areas that have 5* hotels. I'm guessing from your post that any of them would be OK?

There are therefore lots of free rebid areas. I'd avoid that Summerlin one because of the Resort, just in case Priceline decides it is an upgrade from 5*. I don't think this is the case, but just to be sure (assuming you don't want the Resort level).

You've got tons of time here. First, wait a full 24 hours from your very last bid to make sure there aren't any lingering sneaky duplicates. Every day is a brand new fresh day with Priceline, but it takes the full 24 hours. Then approach it very systematically, first putting in the areas you want - one at a time. Then adding the free rebid areas, also one at a time. Increasing your bid as you go. If it kicks you out, come back in again but make sure your next bid includes the areas you want plus at least one totally unused one.

This far out, there isn't any point in bidding clear up to your absolute max. Things change. Sales happen. ?? There is plenty of time for that later.

I am just a member, but thought I'd try to help a bit now since you did indeed sound frustrated with the process. I'm sure one of the moderators will be along to officially welcome you.

Romelle

Hey! I appreciate the response Romelle. I will try a little later or closer to the time of the trip. Maybe that will help. By the way - I said "you all" not all yalls. "You alls" is commonly used to address 2 or more people. :) . Just a little clarification on that.

I don't think I ever got it quite right. I did manage to say "I'm fixing to..." though.

Romelle

Are you booking one room to include those other four people also, or booking multiple rooms, or are they making their own arrangements??

Priceline bookings are for two people. One can request a room with two beds, but even that is just a request the hotel may or may not grant.

Romelle

Let us know regarding the number of rooms and double/quad occupancy situation, but i'll also note that $90 doesn't appear to be realistic for a 5* hotel for this week long stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is the time of year I go every year and I have found that the best deals on Priceline and Hotwire will not be available for some time. And to the $90 for 5* property for this time of year, I think it is a bit of a stretch to think you will get one. And if so, will probably be a last minute thing. The last two years I have been able to get the Encore @ $164per night w/$100 resort credit by going to other travel sites (Expedia and Orbitz) and selecting Hotel and Car together. For some reason this ALWAYS gives you the best price. And quite honestly, parking is free and it is nice to have a car for when you need it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]