Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Sheraton

MCTX
By MCTX,
in

We're hoping for a 4* Downtown (or in the French Quarter--but I felt that was risky as we need to be within walking distance of the Intercontinental) for a 2/17/2011-2/20/2011 stay. Rates seem to be a little higher this weekend (perhaps due to conference we are attending and other events?).

Any ideas on where to start a bid?

Rates seem on the higher side for these dates, but thankfully not sky-high. What appears to be the Sheraton is showing for $119 on HOTWIRE in the downtown area - if this is a busy date with a convention and other events, rates may not be as heavily discounted. Still, I'd say that you have enough time to start at $75 and work higher by $5's.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Posted on Hotwire board, but decided to name my own price with Priceline

1) $75

4* French Quarter

*FAILED*

2) $80

4* French Quarter & Downtown

*FAILED*

3) $85

4* French Quarter, Downtown, New Orleans East (No known 4*)

*FAILED*

4) $95

4* French Quarter, Downtown, New Orleans East (No known 4*), Metairie (No known 4*)

*FAILED*

5) $100

4* French Quarter, Downtown, New Orleans East (No known 4*), Metairie (No known 4*), New Orleans Airport (No known 4*)

*FAILED*

5) $105

4* French Quarter, Downtown, New Orleans East (No known 4*), Metairie (No known 4*), New Orleans Airport (No known 4*), New Orleans West Bank (No known 4*)

*WIN*

Sheraton New Orleans. Based on other posts, it seems this is higher than normal due to a busy weekend. I'm still happy--we are going for a conference at the room would have been $200! Now we are close to the conference and the French Quarter. Thanks for the help on this site--the tricks for re-bidding on Priceline helped immensely!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]