Priceline Hotel: 3* Houston (Med Center - Astrodome) Park Plaza

aikanae
By aikanae,
in

First time i've tried this. I was aiming for Crowne Plaza (medical center) and that's why i went through priceline (they showed it listed). first bid was for $40 (i'd seen someone in here that got it for $38). they didn't have it.

i saw Houston East didn't have a hotel over 2*, so i added that area and re-bid for $45. Nope. So, I added another 2* area and rebid for $50 and got this one instead (oops).

oh well - they do have a shuttle and a waterfall spa (just what i wasn't looking for) but they are sooooooo far away from anything. i don't know why, but i was thinking the crowne plaza was the only one returning 3* results in this area ....

i saw posts about "counter-offers" and i never saw how anything like that could come up. i guess i really don't understand all the ins and outs.

i did have a current reservation at the crowne plaza (medical rate) for $69/nite not including taxes - so this is a better/nite rate.

my disapointment is with the location. it's still far out there and i find, i loose any cost savings depending on $ hotel food and so far in this area of houston, the quality has been poor (still better than hospital).

i like going to the museum area and returning later using the light rail - hotel shuttles stop running betweem 6pm-8pm. this hotel looks to far away for that.

so, that's my first experience.

without this forum, i never would have had the guts to even try it.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm glad you gave it a shot, but next time please ask for help and ask any questions that you may have before bidding... as you now know your hotel can be anywhere within priceline's shaded boundary of their map.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... we loook forward to helping with your future stays(s); hopefully with results that more accurately reflect your stay requirements.

Enjoy your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We exhibit at a show in the Astrodome area once a year. There is an Olive Garden restaurant across the street and more along 610 (not far). I am about to bid on this area and wanted to check what was there. It may be far for you, but it would be a great location for us - within walking distance.

Kerry

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]