Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Beach) Bahia Mar Beach Resort

triscat
By triscat,
in

I need a hotel for one night on 3/18/11 pre cruise. I have noticed that people who are posting about the hotels they are bidding on are for January and February. Should I wait until closer to March before I book? I have been bidding on 3 stars and up for the past 3 days in the Downtown and Beach area and am up to $150 with no acceptance. I noticed on another message board that someone got a hit for $82 for the same night at the Hyatt Place North, however he purchased this night 9 months ago.

I have never used Priceline before so any tips would be great.

Oh... and I used the PRICELINE link provided here for my search :)

triscat

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, inventory is slim and expensive. Something is going on here :)

Should I wait until closer to March before I book?
This is a hard call. If you do this so make sure you have a canceable reservation that you can live with. But i would keep bidding on a regular basis. I would also include Hollywood Beach when bidding due to the current prices in Fort Lauderdale.

Please see this link: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

You can also look at HOTWIRE for your stay.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

PS. Thanx for using boards PRICELINE link :)

Hi

My cruise is in May and I was able to book the Hyatt Place Airport North for $52/night. I really wanted this specific hotel for the location and it includes breakfast. You need to chose Ft Lauderdale Downtown and 3 starts and I suggest you start around $50 as I got mine for pre/post cruise for the same price with the first try.

Hi,

How can you get a specific hotel while bidding in Priceline? I thought there is no way to do that.

Well I finally had my offer for $130 accepted by Priceline. We will be staying at the 3* Bahia Mar Beach Resort And Yachting Center in the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it's my vacation so I'm going to make the best of it! Thanks so much for the help

Congratulations on your success!

While not the what you had in mind from the onset, i'm sure this will suffice for your one nite pre-cruise stay and you'll be able to make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and cruise,

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]